12.5 minoxidil!! Wooohooo!

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to come here back in the day but my account has been lost to time. I was "Green Soap".

anyway, I've made positive gains on my 1/6 proscar and my nightly application of 2.5 ml 5%.

I put one on the front, one on the back, then another .2 on the back specifically on the crown and another .2 specifically on the hairline and temples.

For a while, just putting 1ml on the front and 1ml on the back nightly was enough to slightly grow but adding the little more gave my crown and temples an extra boost.

I never put it on in the morning (god , so greasy) and I always gave it like two hours to dry at night when I did apply. I also sleep with a knit cap on because minoxidil will run, even dried hours later, and grease up your pillow. For a while I was getting little hairs in wierd places (neck, face)... needless to say those have gone away.

Now Lee has that 12.5 out and I'm so excited because I've read his is non greasy, so I can use it twice daily.

It's also not terribly expensive. I would use 2ml twice daily, front and back, so the 125 ml bottle is exactly 30 days. So $70 a month, easy.

I'm expecting to really turbocharge my regrowth with this.

BTW, I'm three years finasteride, three years minoxidil, positive responder . Have had regrowth with room for improvement. I think upping from 5% to 12.5% and then increasing from one application to two is going to give me enormous benefit.

I think this regiment will hold me down until the Hedgehog or hair multiplication. I already have the money ready for when that comes.

Hence my new screen name.

Anyone else using the new 12.5?

beaner

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone here is using it. The delay with the release of the 12.5% along with the appearance of the Rogaine foam kind of put an end to the excitment. That's the way I see it at least. Anyone using it?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude he has had 12 % for awhile. I am using the 15% xandrox at night before bed followed by 5% spironolactone cream to the temples/hairline for about 3.5 months. I use the foam in the morning b/c it s a great styling aid and dries so fast.

Not sure if we need greater than 5% minoxidil or if it's effective. This has been the subject of much debate on this forum and in separate threads. Bryan is an excellent poster who posts alot of studies on minoxidil. Do a search of his threads involving minoxidil. It's good reading.

Good luck with it!

LG

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought the cream was supposed to suck. What's the deal with this cream?

Also, the 12.5 is new. All I know is I respond to 5% one app at night. 12.5% twice is.....

G

Finish line said:
I thought the cream was supposed to suck. What's the deal with this cream?

Also, the 12.5 is new. All I know is I respond to 5% one app at night. 12.5% twice is.....

I remember you "Green Soap." Yea the 12.5% has been out for years man!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badass,
the 12.5% is indeed new. What is old is xandrox 12.5 and 15% (solutions/creams containing both minoxidil and azelaic acid).

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, this is brand new, I'm surprised you guys don't even know this.

It's his 12.5 minoxidil. Non greasy. It's apparently a breakthrough.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
It's non-greasy alright. Been using it for a few weeks. Down side is the high alcohol content really dries out your hair. I'm only using it at night.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about that. Is this an upgrade for you?

How fast does it dry? And does it leave any residue on your hair like regular minoxidil? I'm really excited about it.