1150 Fue Carlos Wesley After 2 Previously Failed hair transplant In Ma

gibblet_head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Been a lurker on here for a couple years and I appreciate everyone's posts and discussion. I wanted to document my journey here. First off, I had two transplants at the New England Center for Hair Restoration. I lived in Boston at the time so this place was close and had pretty good reviews. The first FUE was a complete failure in 2016 at the age of 31. The doctor agreed so I had a revision 10 months later, another FUE, in 2017 which was a little bit better but the results were subpar, especially for 2 attempts. I'm not saying this to knock the guys but just speaking from my own experience. I'll post photos below. All of this was done on a relatively small area, only my temples which were severely receded since i was around 20. The doctor there was Ryan Welter but, little did I know, his assistant Clark Tan performed both procedures. I moved to Jersey in 2017 and after reading threads on here I heard the two best doctors in NYC were Bernstein and Wesley. I had a consult with Wesley (about a 3 month wait) and he was the nicest guy, very informative and showed a lot of before and after photos which i liked, especially of people who had previous poor FUE's like mine. I was lucky and after a cancellation got a surgery a month later in mid October of 2018, at 33 years old. Dr. Wesley and his staff are top notch and amazing. I can say this as they were a night and day difference between the people in Massachusetts and I experienced those people twice. I'll put all the photos below. (Please keep in mind, I'm not a great photo taker and its really hard to photograph your own head and the back so forgive me for the poor quality).

First off, here is my starting point pics before any surgery around Mid 2016:
Right Side SP1.png

Right Side SP2.png

Right Side SP3.png

Left Side SP1.png

Left Side SP2.png

Left Side SP3.png

Left SP4.png

Top SP1.png

So here are pics after the first (and failed) FUE. The doctor never gave me an exact number of grafts he used. First he said he would do around 1500 but afterwards he said it was closer to 800 which was sketchy. Maybe he knew it was a bust and wanted to minimize the damage?
Here's TP 1 at day 1 and 2:

Front TP1 day 2.png

Right TP1 day 2.png

Left Side TP1 day 2.png

here's a bloody mess of the donor area at day 1:
Donor TP 1 day 1.png

and here's pics from 3 weeks in:

LeftSide TP1 3 weeks.png

Right Side TP1 3 weeks.png

LeftSide TP1 3 weeks2.png

Right Side TP1 3 weeks.png

So this turned out to be crap. Here are a couple photos, albeit not great, after 9 months. The area looked like doll hairs and here's the starting point prior to the revision of the second FUE hair transplant.

Pre TP2 left side.png

PreTP2 right side.png

So another FUE was done at the same place. The results were a little better but still not good. Here are photos from the revision, the second FUE at day 1.

RightSide Revision day1.png

LeftSide Revision day1.png

donor bloody mess day 1
Revision Donor day 1.png

So after a year here are pics from the post op of the revision (the second FUE hair transplant). I took these prior to the Wesley FUE. It looked weird and I felt people were always looking at my hairline after the second FUE so that' why I felt it necessary to have a professional like Carlos Wesley fix my hairline.

RightSide-PreTP3.png

RightSidePreTP3-2.png
RightSidePreTP3_1.png
RightSidePreTP3-5.png

Here's some after the second revision and prior to the Wesley FUE (recipient and donor):
LeftSide PreTP3_1.png

FrontPreTP3.png
DonorPreTP3-1.png
DonorPreTP3.png
DonorPreTP3-2.png

So finally after all that failure and mess i decided to have my hairline fixed by carlos Wesley and here's the pics to document the progress. With the previous hair transplant's at the NE center for hair restoration I bled like a madman and the grafts kept popping out and the doctor had to keep jamming them back in. I believe this is in at least part of why the grafts never took and were damaged from the start. At Carlos Wesley's office there was almost no bleeding and the procedure was smoothless. Here are pics from day 0 up to day 10:

Day 0 cruising through Manhattan to Chipotle then the hotel:
WesleyPostOP.png

Day 1 post op:

RightSideTP3-day1.png

LeftSide PreTP3_1.png

Also, Wesley did an inverse donor extraction to take from areas that hadn't previously been harvested from the prior 2 procedures so thats why the donor area looks different that what you may expect:

LeftSideDonorTP3-day1.png

RightSidedonorTP3-day1.png
BackdonorTP3-day1.png

Here are a few pics from day 3-5:
RightSideTP3-day4.png
LeftSideTP3-day4.png

LeftSideTP3-day5.png
RightSideTP3-day5.png

Here are some from day 8 post op:

RightSideTP3_day8.png
RightSide_TP3_day8.png
LeftSide_TP3_day8.png
RightDonor_TP3_day8.png
LeftDonor_TP3_day8.png
BackDonor_TP3_Day8.png

I will upload pics at 2 weeks and the 1month and monthly after that, which seems to make sense. Dr. Wesley also took out a couple hairs which were previously placed too low on my hairline and today at my 10 day follow up the nurses were amazed that there was no scar visible. I cannot say enough about Dr. Carlos Wesley and his staff as they are top notch and well worth the money as your hair is something you will look at on a daily basis.

gibblet_head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are recipient and donor photos 2 weeks after the procedure:
Right_TP3_2weeks.png
Right_TP3_2weeks_b.png
Left_TP3_2weeks.png

BackRight_TP3_2weeks.png
BackLeft_TP3_2weeks.png
Back_TP3_2weeks.png

I will post again at the 1 month mark

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man
I would have done a better job than your first surgeon
Now it looks OK

gibblet_head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a 1 month update with a few pictures. Not much happening as expected, Prolly a few more months until we see any action (hopefully).
I try to style it to cover up the red skin and not think about it.

TP3_frontleft_1month.png
TP3_RightSide1_1month.png
TP3_RightSide2_1month.png
TP3_back_1month.png
TP3_backright_1month.png
TP3_backleft_1month.png

gibblet_head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's some pics from 2.5 months post FUE. Not much to report. Hopefully some growth will come in the next couple months

TP3_left side 2.5months.png
TP3 left side 2.5 months.png
TP3 front 2.5 months.png
TP3 right side 2.5 months.png

gibblet_head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to post a 3 month update to try and be consistent. Not much to update, but I'm expecting and hoping for growth to show in the next couple months. In the photo where there is a lot of redness, that is because I just sprayed some topical minoxidil and it irritated my skin that day (probably put too much on) but its normally not that red. I just got a haircut so I thought it would be good to show the back. The larger punches on the back that are obvious are from the first doctor
TP3_3months_left.png
TP3_3months_front.png
TP3_3months_right2.png
TP3_3months_right.png
TP3_3months_back2.png
TP3_month3_back1.png