11 months on finasteride and nizoral (no pics, sorry)

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 11 months now. I take Finpecia which I order from inhousepharmacy.com. I started out using Nizoral months before that hoping that I would see positive results from it after I started to thin in my crown area. My hair has always been naturally thick so when I first stepped out of the shower and saw scalp through my hair, I freaked a little bit. After doing lots of research, I decided that finasteride was probably the best way to go and I think I was right. My results have been great. I have at the very least maintained all of my hair, and think I have regrown some as well. I think I was starting to delevop a slight bald spot at my swirl but that has improved drastically and now looks great. The other thing that has stopped is the shedding. Before I started taking finasteride, I was losing a lot of hair in the shower...it was probably about 30-40 hairs or so that would be in my hands. This may not seem like a whole lot, but I had never seen any before, so it was scary for me. Anyway, now when I shower I see 2 or 3 hairs, if that. My hairline has always been deep and I was probably about a NW1.5 in highschool and I'm now about a NW2, but my hair has gone back to its originaly thickness. I just really hope that I continue to have success on finasteride and I don't become immune to it or anything and the effectiveness will stop...I hope it continues to work exactly as it is. I'm 26 now and will be getting married in a few months and will start having kids right away so I really, really hope that finasteride doesn't affect me in that area at all. I know of a few guys who have posted on here who have had perfectly healthy kids that were conceived while they were on finasteride but it still scares me a little. Anyway, after 11 months, I just wanted to give my update to give hope to any newbies who might be in the same boat that I was about a year ago or so. The one thing I can say for anyone that is just starting finasteride is to encourage sheds, and to welcome them with open arms. This truly means its working. During the first month or so, I shed a lot and then it stabilized and just stopped right in its tracks and my hair has consistently been getting better since. Alright, that's it out of me...thanks and good luck all!!!

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
hairisthinning said:
that's awesome man, grats. What has it done with your hairline?
(NW2 is excellent for a 26 year old IMO too)

Probably nothing, to answer your question. I've always had a deep hairline and I think from age 21 to about 25, it went from about a NW1.5 to a NW2, and finasteride hasn't brought it back to NW1.5, but it hasn't moved back either. Before I started finasteride, the hair in my hairline was getting pretty thin, but it's been pretty thick and healthy since I've started finasteride. I went through a phase where I wasn't styling my hair anymore because it was so thin which I hated because I have always styled my hair but now I'm back to styling it again with gel and it looks as good as it ever has. I'm hoping that my hair maintains for the next 5 years or so and I hope that something better will be out by then. If not, I'll continue to pop my pill and see where it takes me.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
congrats,glad to hear :)
you sound very eager when you say kids and right away, how many do you mean? do you plan to bring like 3 one after the other? :lol:

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
roki said:
you sound very eager when you say kids and right away, how many do you mean? do you plan to bring like 3 one after the other? :lol:

Hopefully. I'm getting married in August and we're going to start trying right away. After that, we'll play it by ear depending on when we buy a house, how money looks, etc...but I'm looking to start up right away.

G

Congrats not only for your hair, but also the way you live your life. I admire you, good luck for your marriage!

ealvarado

Reaction score
Re:

Before I started taking Propecia I read the little pamphlet that came with it. I remember reading as one of the side effects was that you might have complications if you were to have kids. It had something to do with having a girl and the relation with her sex organs.
That scared me at when I read it and because of that I know that having kids is not something Im goint to do while on Propecia.

You might want to look into that. I dont want to scare you and If I read it wrong I apologize but it is worth looking into

EasyEd said:
roki said:

Hopefully. I'm getting married in August and we're going to start trying right away. After that, we'll play it by ear depending on when we buy a house, how money looks, etc...but I'm looking to start up right away.

pmill

Reaction score
ealvarado---i've never heard that anywhere before..it only says if a girl is pregnant and handles the propecia then its dangerous...be 100% sure before you write something genius

ezgoer101

Reaction score
Glad to hear how positive your life is going. 3 weeks ago I started taking Proscar and Spectral DNC-L along with a couple other things. I noticed that in the shower I don't see too many hairs on my hair while washing my hair. While I'm combing it is when I notice all the hairs coming out. My hair has definately thinned and I am hoping it turns around soon. Keep us posted.