11 Months Of Finasteride, Need Help With Status

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been on finasteride for a little over 11 months now. I also use Keteconzole 2% 3x a week. I haven’t really noticed much changes. I get a extremely dry/flaky/itchy/dandruff scalp during the months of November-April, and then from June-October my hair looks a lot healthier, can anyone comment on this?

I also need opinions on whether my recession has continued or halted. From what I’ve noticed and seen I think my left temple (right side in the photos due to camera projections) has receded further a little, do you think so as well? At this point how much more can I expect from finasteride if anything, my hair hasn't gotten thicker or thinner, I think its remained pretty consistent. I also circled a freckle/red spot on the right side of my temple as I use that to gauge how much farther it has receded. Would you put me at a norwood 3?

The photos with a more pale/light skin are baseline. The photos with a more tan complexion are post 11 months.

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated as I know you could be doing other things with your time.

Attachments

• 518419E5-988C-4F35-BC48-9D80D62DB914.jpeg
    518419E5-988C-4F35-BC48-9D80D62DB914.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 452
  • FCD138AA-6FA5-4CDA-990B-EB2B77735A7C.jpeg
    FCD138AA-6FA5-4CDA-990B-EB2B77735A7C.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 450
  • 11C5E4FB-3EB4-40F6-9248-98365C79A1CE.jpeg
    11C5E4FB-3EB4-40F6-9248-98365C79A1CE.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 416
  • 176AB861-5E96-4E53-A507-FE67E9C24711.jpeg
    176AB861-5E96-4E53-A507-FE67E9C24711.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 431

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics are not exactly the same angle. Still, I see no worsening for the most part.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been on finasteride for a little over 11 months now. I also use Keteconzole 2% 3x a week. I haven’t really noticed much changes. I get a extremely dry/flaky/itchy/dandruff scalp during the months of November-April, and then from June-October my hair looks a lot healthier, can anyone comment on this?

I also need opinions on whether my recession has continued or halted. From what I’ve noticed and seen I think my left temple (right side in the photos due to camera projections) has receded further a little, do you think so as well? At this point how much more can I expect from finasteride if anything, my hair hasn't gotten thicker or thinner, I think its remained pretty consistent. I also circled a freckle/red spot on the right side of my temple as I use that to gauge how much farther it has receded. Would you put me at a norwood 3?

The photos with a more pale/light skin are baseline. The photos with a more tan complexion are post 11 months.

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated as I know you could be doing other things with your time.
To me it looks like you are maintaining with no further loss. Looks like slight improvement in density. You are slightly beyond a NW2 but not a NW3 yet.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To me it looks like you are maintaining with no further loss. Looks like slight improvement in density. You are slightly beyond a NW2 but not a NW3 yet.

I tagged u in my other post but you responded to this one. Didn't mean to cause flooding with the double post, I was just seeing more activity under the “General” thread. Thanks for your input, wise one.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL what??? man nothing to worry. Jesus If your norwood 3 I am 7.

norwood scale is stupid anyway since it does not include thinning

Abandoning

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having reviewed your photos, I’d say you’ve maintained. Which is great. It suggests that finasteride is doing its job and slowing/stopping further loss. Finasteride supposedly reaches its peak at around 2 years of daily use so if you’re happy to continue using it, wait until that point before coming to any final conclusions on effectiveness/results.

You’re a Norwood 2, perhaps 2.5. It certainly looks very dense and thick along the hairline.