11 Months Finasteride, What's Happening?

zJackz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update * Here are the results so far - I explained everything down below in the last comment

Hello everyone, I've been taking Finasteride for about 11 months. I'm a Norwood 0? 1? with slight thinning at the back that has recovered from Finasteride use along with the right side of my temple on it's way to recovering to where it was.

However, in the last month or so I have noticed c shedding around the front bits of my hairline and slightly further in...this must have started about a month ago and is still happening, I'm keeping an eye on it and I have just ordered minoxidil to add to my regimen (hoping this is a good idea).

What is going on? Why the sudden shed and is it likely to come back? I uploaded a picture (picture is taken with flash), what the hell is going on? I have always had quite a strong hairline, it's move around a bit since around 21 I'm (25) but it's hard to tell if these hairs at the front are new or whether they're slowly weakening. But it's definitely easier to see into my hair at the front than it was, unless it's always been like that and im imagining it but I doubt it.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200108_105733.jpg
    20200108_105733.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 8921d09e4c94113c91d2654e3bda7220.0.jpg
    8921d09e4c94113c91d2654e3bda7220.0.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:

zJackz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know nobody responded, maybe I havent been taken seriously but hair is making a recovery. I'm now 11 months in. I got it wrong, originally I was around 9 months in. Both pictures taken with flash

Attachments

• 20200227_160510.jpg
    20200227_160510.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you suddenly had the hair line thinning after 9 months on finasteride?

siralexj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear ZJ. month 11 looks great for you, man.

I'm going through that month 9 shed as well, and its brutal. Same as you, front hairline getting choppy and top of my head I can see scalp and a comb over doesn't hide anything. Hoping when month 11-12 hits, my hair will be fine. Did you end up adding minoxidil to your routine?

zJackz

My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone wondering what has happened to my hair over the past however long since I've been on here, this is a picture, I think it's back to where I was.

I had a few messages about what I did and all I can say is I've literally just taken Finasteride every day at almost exactly the same time every morning, I doubt that's made a difference.

I don't use minoxidil, I only said I would start that if it got worse (which is bad because I should take it anyway)

The only thing I can think of that has lead to success is the fact I caught it early, it took me a couple of months to realise I was losing a bit of hair in the sink and I saw my hairline just starting to turn.

Another factor for me is genetics, my Dad is a Norwood 2, his brothers are all norwood zeros and their dad was a norwood 2 when he died. My mum's dad was also in the norwood 2 range before he died.

I don't have a plan but I'm just gonna keep using it until the day I don't really care or they find a 'cure'.

I had someone message me and tell me that I shouldn't even be on the forums and that it's a "joke" - well that's ridiculous because I feel I'm trying to represent people who are beginning to lose their hair right at the beginning. I had good success by acting early and it might be able to help them.

Shedding questions: I've shed pretty much the same amount consistantly through, I always seem to shed hair maybe around 30-40 now in the shower that I count. I also take into account that it is summer and that could account for the increase, I am shedding a little more I think.

One thing I have noticed is that most of the hairs I am shedding are NOT miniaturised, I noticed lots of miniaturised ones before I started, that number is very small if not zero.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 8921d09e4c94113c91d2654e3bda7220.0.jpg
    8921d09e4c94113c91d2654e3bda7220.0.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 368

zJackz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think you ever had hair loss to begin with.

I'm gonna have to delve through some pictures from that time frame if I have any to f*****g prove it, I wish I'd have documented it better because I 100 was receding and had great regrowth in my temples.

As I said, my case is for young guys starting to lose their hair... I'm just saying that so far I've managed to stop it escalating. It took me around 2 months to act, I didn't leave it.