11-Month Photo-Assessment Results on Dutasteride & minoxidil

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I've been shedding thick and juicy hairs lately... My hairline isn't great, but it's hideable, sometimes.

These pictures are taking with my hair slightly damp-- about 10 minutes out of the shower.

Don't scratch your head when it's wet... I lost about 10 hairs out of the crown just lightly scratching...

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
sh*t, looks great man.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good :D
If you cut your hair shorter then no one can see that you are balding...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
What?

You guys really think so?

I was sitting here wanting to shoot myself because I lost 10 hairs scratching my head...

You guys really think it's not so bad?

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
The only bad thing are your hairs on your breast! :freaked2: 8) :lol:

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks fine to me. you're in a good place for maintenance.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Sweet results man!

You might want to get back on 5% spironolactone for the hairline - not that it looks bad at all (just if you're still concerned). I've actually been using it 2x/day after the foam apps) and am noticing a lot of regrowth along the hairline/temples, whereas 1/day did absolutely nothing for regrowth (just maitenance).

However, to make more room for other topicals such as the tricomin, I will be cutting back to once a day after reducing my dutasteride to M/W/F (finasteride 1mg on other days). But I think the 5% spironolactone is good stuff now and wouldn't ever drop it completely!

Just my imput...

JWM

Reaction score
Renegade

How can you be sure it was the spironolactone that gave you the regrowth? congrats on your results by the way.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
because this is my second round of dutasteride, and during round one (w/o the spironolactone), it didn't happen - in fact the opposite, i lost some ground in the front.

Felk

Reaction score
How long have you been using the spironolactone and dutasteride each, though?

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Jacky81 said:
Aplunk1 said:
The only bad thing are your hairs on your breast! :freaked2: 8) :lol:

haha, thanks buddy.

I'm thinking about lazering them off.
I am using epilator 1x/week - no breast hair!

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
How long have you been using the spironolactone and dutasteride each, though?

Just 3 weeks - vellus going terminal!

Must add that I was on finasteride/spironolactone 1x/day for a couple of interim months prior.

Sean68

Reaction score
id say its the best ive seen your hair mate. not sure what your thoughts are on that. hopefully i can say the same in nine months time.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
id say its the best ive seen your hair mate. not sure what your thoughts are on that. hopefully i can say the same in nine months time.

Thanks my friend,

remember that these pics are taken with wet hair, too.

It looks great when it's completely dry.

I think the 10-month pics look better myself, but probably because they're bedhead and dry.

Look forward to the king of all posts - 1 month from now marks my 1-year use of Avodart daily.

G

This may be a rude question, but what's that white stuff in your hair? Is it copper peptide or minoxidil remnants or dandruff?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Haha, thanks Jayman.

It's probably minoxidil - I don't think dandruff comes in that size.

I use Rogaine Foam in the mornings, and Kirkland 5% minoxidil in the evening.

It helps to cut down on the cost, but the liquid does appear to leave chunks of PPG in my hair.

It's never been much of a problem - once I use Head and Shoulders, it tends to all come out after a few hours.

Ray777

Reaction score
Your hair looks great aplunk don't even worry about it, I wouldn't think you were balding. Just keep up the regimen and you should be fine.