10mg Oral Minoxidil and no results...

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could have nitrate tolerance and taking NAC would help that or anything that stops peroxynitrite from forming will make more "mileage" per molecule of nitric oxide by slowing its breakdown. NAC was reported in lamellar ichthyosis to grow hair at a 10% concentration but that wasn't really the purpose why it was used.

If it was me I would take LESS oral minoxidil(maybe 1 mg) and find things that stop superoxide from destroying nitric oxide

Hydralazine could be used topically too and has been mentioned as growing some hair on it's own.

Verapamil does the same thing too as does cimetidine. I will post the studies on verapamil and cimetidine later as far as hair growth.

Melatonin does the same thing too by increasing mitochondrial SODase. Oral melatonin doesn't reach the skin in sufficient quantities to do anything either.

I also have a belief/wild assed guess that oral minoxidil and topical should provide different angles and grow more hair than either alone.
So from this U r saying NAC helps make Oral Min work for some people?

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So from this U r saying NAC helps make Oral Min work for some people?
Yep...at least timed release does which I see Jarrows has it as unavailable probably because it is too effective and people were buying it to treat scamVid-19

Your best bet is to take NAC topically or find a sustained release NAC. If you find the sustained NAC PLEASE let us know.

I see the FDA who are bed partners with big pharma have plans to cut off the sales of NAC.

Last edited:

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then how the f*** do I purchase NAC?

It looks like the law isn't in effect yet or retailers are ignoring it so get it while we can.

Here is some information about oral NAC:

"
Older studies reported NAC to have a plasma half-life of several hours, but with modern techniques the bioavailability
has been found to be poor and the actual half-life closer to 6 to 40 min.

After oral administration, Moldeus and Cotgreave wereable to detect only very small quantities of oxidized drug incirculation, with no free drug detectable (23).

Bioavailability was 5%, probably because of extensive first-pass hepatic metabolism. Numerous other investigators have confirmed the low bioavailability of oral NAC including slow-release preparations (25–28). After intravenous injection, Haradaet al.found that NAC was highly bound to plasma and tissue proteins,forming various disulfide compounds. Only small amounts of NAC were found in circulation despite the intravenous route of administration (29). It is clear from these reports that, after oral administration, NAC is almost completely metabolized before entering the systemic circulation. When considering the mechanism by which NAC can have a potential benefit in preventing CIN, its poor bioavailability must somehow be reconciled.The poor bioavailability of NAC after oral dosing is the result of extensive first-pass metabolism"

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like the law isn't in effect yet or retailers are ignoring it so get it while we can.

Here is some information about oral NAC:

"
Older studies reported NAC to have a plasma half-life of several hours, but with modern techniques the bioavailability
has been found to be poor and the actual half-life closer to 6 to 40 min.

After oral administration, Moldeus and Cotgreave wereable to detect only very small quantities of oxidized drug incirculation, with no free drug detectable (23).

Bioavailability was 5%, probably because of extensive first-pass hepatic metabolism. Numerous other investigators have confirmed the low bioavailability of oral NAC including slow-release preparations (25–28). After intravenous injection, Haradaet al.found that NAC was highly bound to plasma and tissue proteins,forming various disulfide compounds. Only small amounts of NAC were found in circulation despite the intravenous route of administration (29). It is clear from these reports that, after oral administration, NAC is almost completely metabolized before entering the systemic circulation. When considering the mechanism by which NAC can have a potential benefit in preventing CIN, its poor bioavailability must somehow be reconciled.The poor bioavailability of NAC after oral dosing is the result of extensive first-pass metabolism"
Ordering NAC now