1000 Pounds Of Platelet Rich Plasma Later...

Only22

Reaction score
So... after the decision not to take finasteride and having badly reacted to minoxidil (red skin and heart palpitations) I figured the only thing with any decent meta-analyses of clinical data behind it is PRP.

PRP works in many trials. And quite well! Maintenance is all i need (drifted into the regrowth stage now) so i thought screw the anecdotal crap on hair loss forums its the clinical studies i'll believe in!

Ziering UK is the setting. The sales rep really seemed to know a good amount on PRP protocol which was reassuring after my extensive extrapolation of data from PRP studies. I WAS SOLD!

Go into the clinic to get my first session done and the doctor literally know bugger all about PRP. he didnt even know there were different systems which acquired different platelets levels. From this point i knew i was screwed.

5 months later and 2 sessions down and the PRP has literally done nothing for me. Hair loss actually accelerated after 2nd session (could just be a natural conincidence?)

My synopsis is that PRP can work but clinics needs to know exactly what their doing which most of them dont!! Furthermore i truly believe you need a decent PRP system to require the necessary concentration of plasma.

Decent systems are almost quadruple the price on normal ones so it kinda of figures that PRP is pointless unless your paying the BIG BUCKS but even then i reckon a lot of people gain nothing from it.

Anyway... Though i'd leave my honest report for people to see. I was so hopeful at first!

p.s. my next attempt to save my hair involves nizoral, revivogen and a 1.00m dermaroller (once a week). Will probably fail but if anyone thinks it could help me maintain would love to hear the encouragement!

THANKS ALL!

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my next attempt to save my hair involves nizoral, revivogen and a 1.00m dermaroller (once a week). Will probably fail but if anyone thinks it could help me maintain would love to hear the encouragement!
Save your money and go for something legit. I also reacted badly to minoxidil, but the foam seemed to work much better on me.

Only22

Reaction score
Save your money and go for something legit. I also reacted badly to minoxidil, but the foam seemed to work much better on me.

Cheers for the response. And yeh i tried the foam, way nicer to apply and actually made hair feel decent but i still got the bad skin from it.. f-ing annoying but heh gotta deal with it.

And your probs right about the regimen i'm about to try.. but i actually have a friend who's only used Revivogen for 2 years and maintained really well so i have a cautious hope about it. Was always suspicious how he wasnt balding more thought he was on finasteride but when i found out it was revivogen i thought i'd best give it 6 months shot for a couple hundred.

Also The Belgravia centre in the UK (where i got my minoxidil from for 3 months) claim that one of the reasons for their incredible response rate with minoxidil is because of the addition of things like Azeliac acid. I used foam for 4 months and their stuff for 3 and my temple regrowth was insane in the 2nd month of Belgravia minoxidil. So pissed i cant use it anymore!

Anyway will try this regimen and if all goes to sh*t i'll get a transplant haha.. Balding's only as bad as you make it!

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah to anyone else, PRP should not even be a consideration. You could afford an actual regimen with that money, it just does not f*****g work.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My analysis is that PRP is purely goddamn f*****g bullshit. case closed.

Only22

Reaction score
My analysis is that PRP is purely goddamn f*****g bullshit. case closed.
It just doesn't make any sense why no one seems to be getting the results produced in clinical trials?! There are so many where there is no conflict of interest what so ever so they are reliable and should be able to be reproduced by clinics.
It pisses me off so much that i probably didn't get results because Ziering has a crappy and lax administering protocol

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09546634.2016.1179712

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
You didn't get results because it doesn't work. I tried three rounds with Greco and one with Bauman using Acell. Nothing, not a damn thing but lost a sh*t ton of cash. Prp does nothing for hair.

Only22

Reaction score
You didn't get results because it doesn't work. I tried three rounds with Greco and one with Bauman using Acell. Nothing, not a damn thing but lost a sh*t ton of cash. Prp does nothing for hair.
Cody im sorry to hear it was a failure for you after so many attempts with supposedly well reputed doctors.... further to that im well aware has proven ineffective for most people including myself. Saying "it doesnt work" doesnt really exude the understanding the hair loss community is searching for in regards to ineffectiveness however.

People can say "it never works" as much as they like on forums but you cant refute the hard science of numerous clinical trials which says it can work. Im just trying to understand how prp has turned to be such a failure for so many on forums!

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it really worked, a lot more people would be doing it as word of mouth spread. I doubt the papers are the same as proper clinical trials.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr Carlos Wesley says that there are a few things that need to happen for PRP to be useful, let me see if I remember them:

1. PRP has to be concentrated much more than many doctors do
2. PRP has to be activated with calcium chloride
3. PRP needs to be repeated multiple times
4. Skin needs to be wounded, as with dermarolling
5. Best candidates are ones with diminished growth, not completely shut down follicles.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It needs to be done frequently. Like twice or three times a month for it to be effective. And it’s not a mono therapy, just an adjunct treatment

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr Carlos Wesley says that there are a few things that need to happen for PRP to be useful, let me see if I remember them:

1. PRP has to be concentrated much more than many doctors do
2. PRP has to be activated with calcium chloride
3. PRP needs to be repeated multiple times
4. Skin needs to be wounded, as with dermarolling
5. Best candidates are ones with diminished growth, not completely shut down follicles.
Dr. Wesley also found that his younger patients responded better to PRP than older patients. Still not sold on it as an effective adjunct therapy.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried PRP for hair and it did nothing for me. However, I had very sore shoulders and knees. My doctor gave me PRP injections for those areas and my pain was gone in just over 2 months, and I've been fine since then.

jazz1

Reaction score
Derma roll instead....