1000 Graft Fut Dr Harris Haseeb, Nottingham.

mikeyt

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time posting here.

I thought it'd be useful for others to hear of my experience of Propecia and my chosen hair transplant surgeon.

Background: I'm a 24yr old Male Norwood 1 / 2.

Problem: Hair loss since I was 20 years old

Steps to date: started Propecia in November 2015, still on them to this day.

Verdict on Propecia: Horror stories I read about this medication safe to say it's had no effect on me and I imagine there's many who don't share their story about how fine the medication has been for them.

Benefits of Propecia: Less hair shedding when combing / brushing / washing. Some light improvement in density to the crown. Full results appeared month 12.

Surgeon and procedure: I did five years research, didn't want to travel overseas, didn't have the capacity for a very expensive procedure. I read many reviews on Trustpilot for Dr Harris Haseeb, Nottingham which is relatively local for me in Sheffield, so decided to see him for a consultation November 2016. No sales pitch, very straight with me about my current options and my long term options. He did not promise me the earth and was very realistic about what could be achieved. He suggested 1000 FUT graft (approx 2000 hairs) to my hairline. Advised me there's around 10,000 donor grafts available at the back of head, and that they should be used wisely in the event further loss occurs later in life.

Had the procedure done last week (May 2017). Arrived early at the Hillside clinic where Dr Harris operates from. Professional staff, great patient co-ordinaters. DR Harris also works for the NHS in plastics so I had great reassurance of his capabilities. Painless procedure, nice environment, dinner provided, over in around 5 hours. The operation cost me £3000.00 there's an option to take it on 0% finance with a £500.00 deposit and around £80pcm thereafter.

Overall the results are looking great up to now, the aftercare has been good Harris called me to check how it was going and gave some additional advise about removing the scabs from the new grafts

Photos below, feel free to get in touch with me if you want any info / advise. Found limited info on Harris on the forums so thought it'd be useful if I started a thread.

Cheers
Michael

Update on propecia. I changed to standard Finasterise 1mg in January 2019 as it’s the active ingredient of propecia and it has had the same effect, with a much lower cost.

Attachments

• IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,473
  • IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,800
  • IMG_0388.JPG
    IMG_0388.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 2,294
  • IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 2,431
Last edited:

mikeyt

Reaction score
One week post op photos below.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,321
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,771
  • IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,818

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't want to bum you out, but you aren't NW1/2, you're NW3 with thinning in a NW5/6 pattern. I'd say that 1000 grafts probably isn't going to be enough to give you normal density over that area. Bear in mind that normal density is around 80-120 FU per Cm2. 50FU would put you borderline at normal density but that depends on hair texture. 1000FU will get you that density in a section. If scalp 10 cm wide and 1 cm deep. It looks like yours might be 10 cm wide but more than 1 cm deep which means lower density. I had an 800 FU hair transplant with similar hair texture and a better hairline. My results are a significant improvemennt but the density is less than I'd like.
I'd imagine you'll see an improvement but you'll need a second pass to add density.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One week post op photos below.

@mikeyt

It looks better than what you had before. You're right about that.

Would still stick with both Propecia and Minoxidil.

Hope you're not quitting because of your transplant? You still need to keep your density high.

Also, wouldn't get a buzz cut (some countries they're more popular than others).

When guys do that in the U.S., and there in a water, thinking I'm a hair expert (which I'm not), I always
notice there density looks WORSE when the hair's wet.

mikeyt

Reaction score
Don't want to bum you out, but you aren't NW1/2, you're NW3 with thinning in a NW5/6 pattern. I'd say that 1000 grafts probably isn't going to be enough to give you normal density over that area. Bear in mind that normal density is around 80-120 FU per Cm2. 50FU would put you borderline at normal density but that depends on hair texture. 1000FU will get you that density in a section. If scalp 10 cm wide and 1 cm deep. It looks like yours might be 10 cm wide but more than 1 cm deep which means lower density. I had an 800 FU hair transplant with similar hair texture and a better hairline. My results are a significant improvemennt but the density is less than I'd like.
I'd imagine you'll see an improvement but you'll need a second pass to add density.

I didn't check the Norwood scale prior to writing my post. Sorry about that.

I'll upload photos in around 8 months time with my progress. My hair was longer at this point than I would usually wear it.

It may also be worth noting the surgeon actually cut my hair at the front to give easier access to the hairline.

A

Amro Azzouzi

1000 Grafts for 1000 pounds!! that's really expensive!

mikeyt

Reaction score
@mikeyt

It looks better than what you had before. You're right about that.

Would still stick with both Propecia and Minoxidil.

Hope you're not quitting because of your transplant? You still need to keep your density high.

Also, wouldn't get a buzz cut (some countries they're more popular than others).

When guys do that in the U.S., and there in a water, thinking I'm a hair expert (which I'm not), I always
notice there density looks WORSE when the hair's wet.

Hi, thanks for this. I will be on Propecia for the rest of my life, I have already concluded this is the only way to keep my hair / slow further loss.

mikeyt

Reaction score
1000 Grafts for 1000 pounds!! that's really expensive!

There may be some cheaper out there however the professionalism, experience and quality of Dr Harris' hair transplants was invaluable to me. Lots of cowboy firms out there and others who are probably equally as good but charge a small fortune. To me you have to want your hair back enough to justify paying for it, or you can go bald gracefully like many do. Either option is fine - each to there own I guess.

A

Amro Azzouzi

I agree all what you say of course. but believe me it's the first time that i hear that someone got only 1000 grafts. With the same price you can get more grafts with high quality hair transplant too especially in Turkey. Anyway, the point is that you get back your natural hair and the problem was solved :D
Can you share with us the results plz?

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Mikey interesting to see someone go to a DR in the UK, as a UK person myself its really good to see your story! How is everything going so far? @mikeyt

mikeyt

Reaction score
Hi Mikey interesting to see someone go to a DR in the UK, as a UK person myself its really good to see your story! How is everything going so far? @mikeyt

Thanks for your post, I thought perhaps this would be useful for anyone who did not want to travel outside of the uk. The scar is healing very well and hairs are starting to grow through the tissue. It is still slightly pink. The transplanted grafts have healed and shed. Small hairs are starting to appear now in the area, however I don't anticipate any real growth for another month or so. I will upload photos on month 3-4 to document progress.

Dan07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok cool - thanks! I'm actually considering making an appointment myself, which is why I've just created an account over here. I'm trying to decide between Dr Harris or Dr Reddy (both from Nottingham). Reddy seems a lot more well known, but, idk, there's just something about Harris that makes me think I can trust him. I was also somewhat impressed with hearing that he is the only, or at least one of the only, Drs to do hair transplants on the NHS.

mikeyt

Reaction score
Ok cool - thanks! I'm actually considering making an appointment myself, which is why I've just created an account over here. I'm trying to decide between Dr Harris or Dr Reddy (both from Nottingham). Reddy seems a lot more well known, but, idk, there's just something about Harris that makes me think I can trust him. I was also somewhat impressed with hearing that he is the only, or at least one of the only, Drs to do hair transplants on the NHS.

I couldn't comment on Dr Reddy as I didn't see him myself. But I can't recommend Harris enough. He is very laid back in his approach and you can believe what he's advising you. No sales pitch just honest advice. Certainly go and have a free meeting with him and discuss your options.

Mariam

My Regimen
Reaction score
@mikeyt hi I was wondering how your results are now! It's been 5 months since your procedure and I was hoping if you could show me how it looks. I'm considering Dr Harris for an FUE but havnt seen any of his results. Is there any way I can contact you personally just to ask you a few questions?
Thanks.

mikeyt

Reaction score
@mikeyt hi I was wondering how your results are now! It's been 5 months since your procedure and I was hoping if you could show me how it looks. I'm considering Dr Harris for an FUE but havnt seen any of his results. Is there any way I can contact you personally just to ask you a few questions?
Thanks.

Hi there! Thanks for your post. It’s grown very well I am very pleased with the results, I did try to upload some pictures a few weeks ago but it just gives me an error every time I try to post! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions. I’m still waiting to see if there’s any further growth, my hair started to grow through at the end of August, three months after the procedure so it has had three months up to now to grow and thicken.

mikeyt

Reaction score
Photos from 10th September 2017

Attachments

• 9F9AD85C-81D7-41B3-8BA5-A80EA520847D.jpeg
    9F9AD85C-81D7-41B3-8BA5-A80EA520847D.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,776
  • C36779CA-C096-4054-8807-0E1A23CBC5C3.jpeg
    C36779CA-C096-4054-8807-0E1A23CBC5C3.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,712
  • 65BA417F-1BCF-49BA-B3FF-55F2B0090FC4.jpeg
    65BA417F-1BCF-49BA-B3FF-55F2B0090FC4.jpeg