100 Percent Sure Ejaculation Speeds Up Hair Loss

HairlessApe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried to figure out why I'm thinning. I've considered masturbation, poor exercise/diet, even excessive drinking and smoking among other things as the reason behind the thinning. Now they could be contributing factors....but it wasn't until recently when I saw a picture of my mothers father did I realize it was indeed just genetic. He was the same age as I.....with the same hairline.

abcdefg

Reaction score
If someone wants to think the world is flat, and to them that makes pretty good sense then I wont argue with them. Sure the earth could be flat, but I dont believe that so we just agree to disagree.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will believe this when/if it's demonstrated by rigorous science.

Until then, all we have is pseudoscientific speculation.

As soon as you figure out a way to perform a controlled study around this, and then figure out a way to profit from this information. The absence of proof doesn't mean something is false.

And everyone, your own anecdotal experience is meaningless. Baldness is a complex disease with multiple factors. If one of them was not a contributing factor for you, that does not mean it isn't for other people. There are people who have the bad variant of the androgen receptor gene, but they haven't gone bald, does that mean that genetics doesn't cause hair loss?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As soon as you figure out a way to perform a controlled study around this, and then figure out a way to profit from this information. The absence of proof doesn't mean something is false.

1) A simple association study, poll a large number of men in a fixed age range and ask how often they ejaculate, split into jerking and sexing, and correlate with baldness and hormones if there's enough of money.

2) Get some volounteers to go 3-5 days without masturbating, you can even bring them into a lab and have them sleep with gloves on to be sure. Measure hormones before and after. Measure androgen receptors before and after if you want.

Admittedly, there probably won't be ~$100,000 for this.

With that said, I expect we'll get more information about the effects of masturbation due to nofap research, which is a respectablly-sized cottage industry.

Right now though all I see is pure speculation from the nofap advocates on the issue of hair loss. I could tell you that eating seeweed slows down hair loss -- perhaps it does. But there's no evidence for that, no reason to believe it, so I won't suggest it.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read before that jerkin' it does increase DHT levels, but in order for it to be enough to have any real effect on hair you'd have to fap more than twice a day, seven days a week.

I'm 99% sure the no fap thing is just broscience cope. It helps them sleep at night thinking that if they don't spank it that much, they'll be fullhead4lyfe.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read before that jerkin' it does increase DHT levels, but in order for it to be enough to have any real effect on hair you'd have to fap more than twice a day, seven days a week.

I'm 99% sure the no fap thing is just broscience cope. It helps them sleep at night thinking that if they don't spank it that much, they'll be fullhead4lyfe.

Such a disingenuous argument.

Apparently you're unable to discern between "contributes to" and "is the sole cause of". Can't stand when people try to belittle a conversation by insinuating an extreme like that. It's blatantly obvious this hair loss thing is a complex, layered onion and variable depending on the person.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
duplicate

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes because you were there when men wanted to have sex with their 16 year old brides and the brides couldn't say no because until 30 years ago the concept of rape inside the marriage didn't exist.

In the past, p*rn didn't exist because people had real sex. And they were just as bald as today. Unless you think my paternal grandmother, who passed the gene to me, watched Sonia Grey's movies in 1932.

A Greek painting from the 6th century depicting masturbation

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe..._ática_de_columnas_(M.A.N._1999-99-65)_02.jpg

People have been masturbating for centuries.

daplo collins

Reaction score
ya im not disputing that, but with the easy access of internet p**rn it gives the mind a constant stimulus. Take away the internet p**rn of todays generation and they would masterbate a lot less.

Of course it doesn't matter for some people that do not have the genetics for hair loss but if you have the genes it will speed it up. Genetics load the gun lifestyle pulls the triggers. Its the same as the 90 year old guy smoking cigarrettes everyday but still has healthy lungs.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone that used to fap at least once/twice a dayand now rarely faps (maybe once every couple weeks without p**rn, didn't stop because of hair) i've literally noticed zero difference in rate of hair loss. There doesn't seem to be any evidence linking masturbation and hair loss.

Last edited:

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have no idea how many people do that. Twice a day, every day is nothing. I never had any hair loss doing it twice a day. It's when it became an all day thing that my hair started falling out in bunches. If you think about it, how could soaking your hair in DHT during all waking hours not make your hair fall out? It would have to. According to my genetic profile, and those in my family, my chances of ever going bald were slim to none, but I lost most of my hair in my twenties over a couple year period when I was addicted to p*rn and sex. I'm not saying don't masturbate, but practice moderation. And do stay away from p*rn, that stuff is dangerous.

Why do you believe that masturbation increases DHT? Is there a study showing this?

As far as I believe there isn't one study that shows masturbation affects hair loss in any way. I would think that if it affected hairloss in a significant way someone would have linked it by now. But I could be wrong, would love a good study on it.

All we need is to poll people with and without hair loss and ask them how often they masturbate. It's a question that's likely to get some false answers though.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe regular masturbation has much impact. You need to test the impact of excessive masturbation on scalp DHT to see what happens when the endocrine system is placed under unusual stress. I'd like to have people masturbate 10-15 times per day for weeks and see the effects, and have others edge for 12+ hours. Not many people are physically capable of doing either one, but I'd like to get as many people who can masturbate for as often and as long as possible to test it.

Unlike seaweed, there are plenty of logical reasons to believe there is a link. I and others have posted them in other threads on the topic.

There's not a lot of purpose in investigating the impact of masturbating 100x/week. We can also research people who eat 40 carrots a day -- but what's the point? Who cares?

The normal range of masturbation is probably within 0-14 times a week. Variation within that range is probably largely genetic, so even if it correlates with hair loss it means nothing. You'd need people to shift from their comfort zone to another and to monitor progress, even in serum for one week.

Seaweed is more plausible, given its prevalence in the Asian diet, its high levels of iodine, and it's purported impact on estrogen and estradiol. Makes it of possible interest. But I won't tell people to eat more seaweed to prevent hair loss. I'd like to see a comprehensive analysis of all herbs alleged to have a hormonal impact, from seaweed to maral root to maca. Those are plausible.

abcdefg

Reaction score
If anything its a slight spike in T which probably means a little more DHT, but we are talking small amounts so really pretty inconsequential. After your done its going to go back to normal so its just temporary assuming it happens. I guess if you spent every waking second jerking off maybe that prolonged extra T has some small effect over long amounts of time, but maybe you need to lay off it for other reasons at that point

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not many like idea an old wives tale may be valid for some.
My experience: I rarely fapped (maybe once a month at most) when I was young because I was on anti-depressants, side effects included non existant libido. Had thick, Norwood 0 hair. Started balding like crazy around 24-25 (no longer on meds), living on my own for first time, and access to high speed internet. Also had horrid diet living off TV dinners and Chef Boyardee, but agree the link can't be completely ignored and should be investigated.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It increases prolactin which can potentiate hair loss, it's not the act of it itself, but the hormonal result of it, but that also can be mitigated.

I used to see marked consequences for ejaculation in terms of hair shedding but now that I'm using min, as long as I'm not doing so every day my hair maintains itself, that's not because min lowers PRL, but just a testament to how potent minoxidil's hair growth properties are.