10 Years On Propecia, Pictures, Blood Tests, My Story And Questions

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback stachu.
The first one yes.
But check the last one. T has dropped a lot. E has gone up.
I'll see what the new test will tell. Will take it tomorrow and have results next week.
Yeah thats weird. Your testosterone is pretty low. Could be other factors that caused it to drop temporarily though. Will see what the new tests say.

g.i joey

Reaction score
It seems as if maybe taperingnoff the drug isn't as useless as it sounds. A nice taper reducing the dosage by quarter for six months would prob be the smoothest way to get off the drug

Remember, op only had noticeable sides after getting off the drug.

abcdefg

Reaction score
How do you know all of this is directly from the finasteride? It comes and goes exactly with when you take it? I dont know how you could know that

bakerradio1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man. Saw this and felt like I had to comment. I recently gave up on my hair loss fight. I just shaved my head. Don't worry about how the hair on top of your head looks. At least you're a bald guy, not a bald woman. Honestly, girls don't care about whether a guy has hair or not. It is truly all about confidence and how you feel about yourself. Your health will return, I promise. Just stay off meds as far as possible. The body is built to heal itself. Go look at pictures of Jason Statham with his super model girlfriend. Go workout in the gym and get in better shape than you've ever been in before. Go do something positive other than finding new chemicals to put in your body that may make you shitty hair looks slightly less shitty. Look forward to the rest of your healthy life as a man with or without hair. God bless

memoryboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think my chest looks fairly normal.

but there are a few little bumps around my nipples and if squeezed, then sometimes a clear liquid discharge is coming out of them.
I've had it for so long, I don't even remember, but I've also taken Propecia for a long time.
I didn't even know this is abnormal. Damn, gyno?

I also feel my left chest is a little different. I also have a little muscular abormality as one of my side is a little stronger due to my disc/back problem. I tend to compansate. So shoulders/carriage are a little bit uneven. When i touch, then I think I can feel a harder tissue on my left breast or even a lump. god dammn..

I'm really scared now.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I think my chest looks fairly normal.

but there are a few little bumps around my nipples and if squeezed, then sometimes a clear liquid discharge is coming out of them.
I've had it for so long, I don't even remember, but I've also taken Propecia for a long time.
I didn't even know this is abnormal. Damn, gyno?

I also feel my left chest is a little different. I also have a little muscular abormality as one of my side is a little stronger due to my disc/back problem. I tend to compansate. So shoulders/carriage are a little bit uneven. When i touch, then I think I can feel a harder tissue on my left breast or even a lump. god dammn..

I'm really scared now.

Lump is uour mammary gland nothing to worry about. (Pea sized lump is what it should feel like)

The liquid discharge is a cause for concern though. Have you ever done a scan on your chest?

memoryboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the liquid discharge always abnormal for males? It doesn't come from the nipple but from a little lump in the nipple circle.
This has been going on a looong time. I had no idea that is abnormal. f***.
It comes from right side too, just less. From left it comes more. It only comes when squeezed and when I haven't squeezed for a longer time, then it appears.

Usually, just a little comes out. Either nothing or one or two drops.

Now when I squeezed a few days ago. there was a lot. Like really a thin stream bursting out.
Then I became worried.

Could it be that gyno has started and exxalared now due to low T and High E.

No, I haven't done a CT for my chest ever.

Will go to family doctor now too and ask for that.

f***, this is crazy....

memoryboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is not my main concern now but just wanna tell you guys, that hairline is receding like crazy now. Been off for about 2,5 months

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you had liquid discharge before propecia ?
liquid discharge is due to high prolactin level . And yes , this is not normal

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
And nothing to worry about your testosterone which is in the normal range ? However i don't understand the range for the oestradiol , the first blood test , it is > 146 , then the other > 223 ? what is the range the exact range .

I did a lot of blood test while on propecia so i know the stuff .

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is already established that DHT (specifically 5AR2 DHT in the dermal palpilla that finasteride blocks) is the cause of androgenetic alopecia, despite all the broscience you hear on this forum.

Obviously some men are more sensitive to it than others, which is why some men bald faster than others. But that doesn't matter in the end. If you eliminate the 5AR2 DHT then you will not go bald.

I'm thankful that 5AR2 is not really needed after puberty, otherwise men would not have the opportunity to use a drug like Propecia to save their hair.
If it was that simple we wouldn't have people going bald on finasteride. Also topical finasteride would be the ultimate treatment, and I have been on it for 2 years and im still f*****g balding. I do notice a bit of better feeling scalp itch related when I use it but its doesnt last long. This is fucked up. No way im going on the pill, that's f*****g dumb.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@afferd No Propecia has been all I needed. I have a thick head of hair. Been on the drug for 2 years and 8 months now.

@infinitepain I don't think topical finasteride works like the pill does. If you want a good chance you should take the finasteride pill. Also, I've yet to see someone go bald while on finasteride 1mg.

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
@memoryboy

Hi bro,

Sorry to hear of your problem. My experience with properica (at least the side effects) is very similar (check out my thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...erm-use-please-share-your-experiences.103020/). I also didnt see the side effects come in. And i was also misinformed and not well read so i never knew the horrifying side effects propecia had.

Please do update how the tests go and what the results are like.

Sending good thoughts and well wishes your way.

Cheers,
RS

memoryboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's possible that you don't really notice the sides when they are not adverse. They can creep up on you after years of use.

I don't even know when I started to have the liquid discharge coming out of my chest occasionally. It was years ago. But probably after I had started to take Propecia.

As far as I understand, My Testosterone has dropped considerably after getting off the drug.
And my Estrogen has gone up. It was already in the high side while taking the propecia.

Yes, Estrogen / oestradiol measurements is weird. I will get more light on it next week when I speak to doctors.

Also, will be having extensive blood tests done tomorrow. I'll let you know how this goes.

I'm aware some of the stuff Im experiencing might be psychological. Mind is a powerful thing.
But then again. Several of the measurements were alarming. Especially the sudden change in numbers, sure hope my endocrine system didn't crash. And also pretty much sudden infertility.

I will also get new sperm test results tomorrow that are from last weeks testing.

Pretty scary to wait for all this.

This not my main concern for sure.
But not to add to this negativity and depression.
Any shampoo, topical I should use, to at least buy me some time?

Currently just on Nizoral a few times a week after dropping finasteride.
Vitamins (I will re-start after getting my blood checked tomorrow)

Any DHT blocker for the hairline?
RU seems too crazy and experimental to get on.
If only to order the ready-made solution but that I've heard is not the best option?

Maybe
Revivogen topical+shampoo?
S5 cream?
Saw palmento topical oil + maybe oral supplement (other possibility for sides?)
Minoxidil?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@afferd No Propecia has been all I needed. I have a thick head of hair. Been on the drug for 2 years and 8 months now.

@infinitepain I don't think topical finasteride works like the pill does. If you want a good chance you should take the finasteride pill. Also, I've yet to see someone go bald while on finasteride 1mg.

Why wouldn't it work like the pill?
Why do you think the pill works in the first place?

And look around, plenty of people with 0 results with oral finasteride.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Is the liquid discharge always abnormal for males? It doesn't come from the nipple but from a little lump in the nipple circle.
This has been going on a looong time. I had no idea that is abnormal. f***.
It comes from right side too, just less. From left it comes more. It only comes when squeezed and when I haven't squeezed for a longer time, then it appears.

Usually, just a little comes out. Either nothing or one or two drops.

Now when I squeezed a few days ago. there was a lot. Like really a thin stream bursting out.
Then I became worried.

Could it be that gyno has started and exxalared now due to low T and High E.

No, I haven't done a CT for my chest ever.

Will go to family doctor now too and ask for that.

f***, this is crazy....

its not always abnormal, but if you have an inverted nipple or rashes on your chest then id make sure to go get it checked. Sapin is right when saying that the liquid is due to high prolactin but it can also be a precursor to more severe problems. Please look out for inverted nipple and rash like appearance on your chest, if you do notice these go see a Doctor ASAP. I would run the liquid discharge by your Doctor and get a scan done, but if thats your only symptom i wouldnt worry TOO much.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it work like the pill?
Why do you think the pill works in the first place?

And look around, plenty of people with 0 results with oral finasteride.

hmm maybe it does work the same. Not sure because I am not very familiar with the topical! Regardless, I feel like taking the pill is way easier but if you get side effects then maybe the topical will be a better alternative.

The pill works. And it works very effectively. Backed by scientific evidence and studies, the claims of numerous doctors and dermatologists specializing in the field, and my own personal results. I've noticed a trend when people on this forum claim the drug doesn't work. They either a) didn't give it nearly enough time b) didn't stay consistent with their regimen because of impatience or c) they didn't regrow any hair, but at the very least they maintained what they started with. Results will vary, but at the very least you will most likely halt M.P.B.

Regulate

My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm maybe it does work the same. Not sure because I am not very familiar with the topical! Regardless, I feel like taking the pill is way easier but if you get side effects then maybe the topical will be a better alternative.

The pill works. And it works very effectively. Backed by scientific evidence and studies, the claims of numerous doctors and dermatologists specializing in the field, and my own personal results. I've noticed a trend when people on this forum claim the drug doesn't work. They either a) didn't give it nearly enough time b) didn't stay consistent with their regimen because of impatience or c) they didn't regrow any hair, but at the very least they maintained what they started with. Results will vary, but at the very least you will most likely halt M.P.B.
Hi, for how long are you on Finasteride at the moment? And what is your dosage? Do you take it daily?