10 Years On Finasteride. 19 To 30 Yo

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for roughly 10 yrs. ive had a few breaks over years but have been fairly consistent. I started losing my hair at 19 when i noticed it falling out in shower and pillows and constantly in my hands. Also the feel of my hair went from bouncy to limp. Below are some photos of my hair now at 30.. 31 in few wks time. Safe to say i feel it has worked for me.

Hairline

IMG_9653.PNG

Styled..
IMG_9652.JPG
IMG_9651.JPG

Left temple

IMG_9648.JPG

Hairline

IMG_9650.JPG

Right temple

IMG_9649.JPG

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for roughly 10 yrs. ive had a few breaks over years but have been fairly consistent. I started losing my hair at 19 when i noticed it falling out in shower and pillows and constantly in my hands. Also the feel of my hair went from bouncy to limp. Below are some photos of my hair now at 30.. 31 in few wks time. Safe to say i feel it has worked for me.

Hairline

View attachment 57688

Styled..View attachment 57689 View attachment 57690

Left temple

View attachment 57691

Hairline

View attachment 57692

Right temple

View attachment 57693

Good for you man thats awesome

Never had side effects?

Do you feel like its staying consistent? use minoxidil?

I just started topical finasteride I may try oral in few months if I dont see improvement.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My hair has never went past nw2 so in a way its been consistent though i have had periods of times over the years where the general density has got thinner. Namely the times ive taken a break on treatments really. Ive always been consistent taking meds for few yrs and then when my hair feels great i got lazy and stopped. Cue the shed! Scaring me back onto meds again. I always manage to pull my hair back though to baseline again. I seem to respond well to them.

Yes i use minoxidil now around my hairline just. I didnt start minoxidil though to few years after finasteride. I only use it once a day too as i use liquid and its messy so i prefer to use at night. Once a day seems to be fine for me.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive never tried topical. Only ever took oral finasteride. I buy cheapest generic in 5mg and cut into 4s. minoxidil i use kirkland.. again cheap as chips on ebay

abcdefg

Reaction score
What did your hair look like before you started? Good to know it worked that long for you though. You never got any sides?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always like reading your posts man. My hair is basically around the same level as you and I've been on Finasteride for a year and a half now; hoping I can maintain for as long as you did. It is also very calming knowing that you still shed a lot too, it seems like I have been shedding all thoughout my time on the drug but thankfully my hair still looks the same.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hairline

View attachment 57688

Styled..View attachment 57689 View attachment 57690

Left temple

View attachment 57691

Hairline

View attachment 57692

Right temple

View attachment 57693

Encouraging story man. Thanks for sharing. Gives us finasteride users hope for the long term

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I always like reading your posts man. My hair is basically around the same level as you and I've been on Finasteride for a year and a half now; hoping I can maintain for as long as you did. It is also very calming knowing that you still shed a lot too, it seems like I have been shedding all thoughout my time on the drug but thankfully my hair still looks the same.

Cheers man. I like to pitch in and try give two cents worth of advice. I rem how much i sh@t the pants back when i was 19.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride over 10 years myself, I've gone a little below baseline now though I think, so added Dutas 2x per week in the hope I can halt it and maybe gain back a little bit of the loss. Time will tell on that one.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride - Watery jizz years ago for a while- went away

minoxidil - felt bit dizzy first couple times i used it years ago but went away after like two days

abcdefg

Reaction score
I do see a little thinning in the first picture. You still plan to stay on it hopefully? Looks very good still. If it aint broke dont fix it. I would keep doing exactly that come hell or high water and try to be consistent with it.
I think applying minoxidil is a pain the rear. Im terrible with consistently doing routines.

mojojuju224

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good, man. I'd just keep doing what you're doing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gotta commend you for this. 11 years on finasteride and it’s still working sounds amazing. This gives me hope as I’m 16 & balding + plan on taking finasteride in a year.

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gotta commend you for this. 11 years on finasteride and it’s still working sounds amazing. This gives me hope as I’m 16 & balding + plan on taking finasteride in a year.
This guy wasn’t balding