10 years of this, now I’m finally going for a hair transplant. Need advice. Pics included.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I’m nearly 34 years old and it’s been about 10 years of propecia, minoxidil, regaine, oral minoxidil, dermaneedling, hair laser therapy, hair vitamins, fancy shampoos, hair fibres and concealers, blah, blah, blah… All that bullshit! And I’m still losing my f*****g hair!

Anyway, I need some advice. I’m in the UK and obviously I don’t really want to go anywhere here for a hair transplant. I’m looking at Belgium at the moment, but I’m open to any other suggestions. I’m looking to spend about £6k-£10k. I cannot afford this at all and it’s going to take me about a year to save up the money so I really don’t want to f*** this up and go to the wrong surgeon and end up regretting it. I’ve had an online consultation of sorts with Dr Lupanzula and I’m hoping to go and see him in person later on this year. He’s said that I’d need roughly 1,250/1500 grafts on my crown and the same again on my hairline. The price will be around £8k-&10k depended on how the surgery goes on the day. But I want to contact as many clinics as I can just so I don’t feel like I’m being impulsive and rushing in. I’ve heard Dr B.isanga is very good. Is there much difference? Who would you guys say are the best around for the budget I’m on in Europe?

I’ll add some pictures but before anyone tells me that it isn’t that bad, my camera on my phone is sh*t and I’m taking them myself. Trust me, my hair is very thin. My hairline is so sparse and see through in certain lights and my crown has its own thing going on. I’ll try and get my partner to take some pictures on her phone later if anyone is interested?

I’d really appreciate any advice at all. I never actually thought I’d really go for a hair transplant and now it’s seems like a very real possibility I’m absolutely scared to death! I’m nervous at the thought of the procedure itself, what if it doesn’t take and I waste all that money? What if it does take but it looks awful? Like doll hair! The list goes on. I’m sure everyone goes through similar worries but still, it’s such a big risk. So as I said, and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know it’s a long post and I’m sorry, I just wanted to included as much as I could.

Thank you to those who take the time to read this. I will add some picture soon.

Regards, James.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should also add that when I say I’m losing my hair, I mean I cannot stop my hair loss and it’s falling out constantly and visibly changing all the time. Am I stupid to even think about getting a hair transplant if I cannot stabilise my hair loss?

Thanks again.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crown obviously.

Attachments

• 764B6FAD-690D-4ED6-B97E-0524F43D7BC7.jpeg
    764B6FAD-690D-4ED6-B97E-0524F43D7BC7.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 132
  • B09F537C-5766-4BC3-9D25-354E1A828C23.jpeg
    B09F537C-5766-4BC3-9D25-354E1A828C23.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 7A753CBD-3674-400A-979A-188FE9BEC411.jpeg
    7A753CBD-3674-400A-979A-188FE9BEC411.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 2C8A38E4-C20C-4176-B81C-3563B3ADDBEB.jpeg
    2C8A38E4-C20C-4176-B81C-3563B3ADDBEB.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 129
  • D7D27648-9950-49C6-9249-1BCDDDA32727.jpeg
    D7D27648-9950-49C6-9249-1BCDDDA32727.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 129

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline, but it’s so hard to capture it properly. I’ll try again later.

Attachments

• 97041478-2EBF-45C8-A7F3-746802C9937A.jpeg
    97041478-2EBF-45C8-A7F3-746802C9937A.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 57CA0C8B-F094-43FC-B7EC-0BA12634BD1A.jpeg
    57CA0C8B-F094-43FC-B7EC-0BA12634BD1A.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 8197652D-A099-4AA2-BB2D-1C7101D3D759.jpeg
    8197652D-A099-4AA2-BB2D-1C7101D3D759.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 140
  • 62284E5A-E336-4FB6-81D1-17B229A8B3BE.jpeg
    62284E5A-E336-4FB6-81D1-17B229A8B3BE.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 135
  • F9375905-0A64-4621-8A03-5D3C92758231.jpeg
    F9375905-0A64-4621-8A03-5D3C92758231.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 131

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I wouldn’t worry about it. For 34 your hairline is great. If you want to get one on your crown you could do that.
Thank you for being kind, but honestly, the pictures just don’t show it properly. It’s got that kind of X-ray look going on, do you know what I mean? It was alright when it was just my crown. I’d just bang a load of hair fibres in it and forget about it. But my hairline has been getting worse for I’d say these last two years or more and man, having to look at it all the time, it gets you down. I know there are worse things, but this sh*t is still hard to deal with.
You wrote u took propecia for a year only and quit. So you wasnt on it for 10 years. No Wonder u balding.
And sorry mate, I don’t know what you’re talking about? I’ve been on propecia for about seven years, been using minoxidil for even longer. Tried dermaneedling for about 2-3 years but jacked it in because I didn’t see any results and I probably wansn’t doing it properly anyway. Tried hit laser therapy for a year or so. Been on 2.5mg loniten since Christmas. I just meant collectively I’ve been doing one thing or another to prevent hair loss for 10 years. I just didn’t write all this sh*t down before as the post was long enough. But now you know! Ha ha!

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for being kind, but honestly, the pictures just don’t show it properly. It’s got that kind of X-ray look going on, do you know what I mean? It was alright when it was just my crown. I’d just bang a load of hair fibres in it and forget about it. But my hairline has been getting worse for I’d say these last two years or more and man, having to look at it all the time, it gets you down. I know there are worse things, but this sh*t is still hard to deal with.

And sorry mate, I don’t know what you’re talking about? I’ve been on propecia for about seven years, been using minoxidil for even longer. Tried dermaneedling for about 2-3 years but jacked it in because I didn’t see any results and I probably wansn’t doing it properly anyway. Tried hit laser therapy for a year or so. Been on 2.5mg loniten since Christmas. I just meant collectively I’ve been doing one thing or another to prevent hair loss for 10 years. I just didn’t write all this sh*t down before as the post was long enough. But now you know! Ha ha!
Ok Change your regimen then. Says u took propecia for a year and quit.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha ha! What?? I just said above bro. Pretty much everything except dutasteride, which if I’m honest, I’d rather not and doubt I’d ever take.
Im on finasteride after using very high dose of duta for 1.5 years which didnt put a Dent in my hair thinning whatsoever. Nor did high dose oral minoxidill. These treatments only works for People with no hairloss hahha.

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I’m nearly 34 years old and it’s been about 10 years of propecia, minoxidil, regaine, oral minoxidil, dermaneedling, hair laser therapy, hair vitamins, fancy shampoos, hair fibres and concealers, blah, blah, blah… All that bullshit! And I’m still losing my f*****g hair!

Anyway, I need some advice. I’m in the UK and obviously I don’t really want to go anywhere here for a hair transplant. I’m looking at Belgium at the moment, but I’m open to any other suggestions. I’m looking to spend about £6k-£10k. I cannot afford this at all and it’s going to take me about a year to save up the money so I really don’t want to f*** this up and go to the wrong surgeon and end up regretting it. I’ve had an online consultation of sorts with Dr Lupanzula and I’m hoping to go and see him in person later on this year. He’s said that I’d need roughly 1,250/1500 grafts on my crown and the same again on my hairline. The price will be around £8k-&10k depended on how the surgery goes on the day. But I want to contact as many clinics as I can just so I don’t feel like I’m being impulsive and rushing in. I’ve heard Dr B.isanga is very good. Is there much difference? Who would you guys say are the best around for the budget I’m on in Europe?

I’ll add some pictures but before anyone tells me that it isn’t that bad, my camera on my phone is sh*t and I’m taking them myself. Trust me, my hair is very thin. My hairline is so sparse and see through in certain lights and my crown has its own thing going on. I’ll try and get my partner to take some pictures on her phone later if anyone is interested?

I’d really appreciate any advice at all. I never actually thought I’d really go for a hair transplant and now it’s seems like a very real possibility I’m absolutely scared to death! I’m nervous at the thought of the procedure itself, what if it doesn’t take and I waste all that money? What if it does take but it looks awful? Like doll hair! The list goes on. I’m sure everyone goes through similar worries but still, it’s such a big risk. So as I said, and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know it’s a long post and I’m sorry, I just wanted to included as much as I could.

Thank you to those who take the time to read this. I will add some picture soon.

Regards, James.
@everyone I told you Finasteride doesn’t work lol my proof right here

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@everyone I told you Finasteride doesn’t work lol my proof right here
Hey man, this sh*t works, it bought me plenty of bonus years. I wish I had of enjoyed them rather than just worrying about it all the time. But for me, like others too I guess, it’s effectiveness has worn off over the years.
Ok princess relax
And bro, I’m relaxed. I’m being very polite even though I had answered your question just above.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro do you get better result since you have started the oral minoxidil? do you get more unwanted body/facial hair from it? thx
Unfortunately no, I haven’t noticed any improvements since stating oral minoxidil. I’m still using topical minoxidil too, but it just seems like everything has run it’s course now. And I might have a little bit more hair between the edge of my eyebrows and my temples (if you know what I mean?) but that’s about it. I’m only taking 2.5mg though, I hear of people taking double or quadruple that, so who knows?

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, this sh*t works, it bought me plenty of bonus years. I wish I had of enjoyed them rather than just worrying about it all the time. But for me, like others too I guess, it’s effectiveness has worn off over the years.

And bro, I’m relaxed. I’m being very polite even though I had answered your question just above.
Nah it didn’t buy you any years . Also why aren’t on you dutasteride