10 years of fighting hair loss successfully, some words of wisdom

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry I have been neglecting the site! Been a member here for almost 8 years, lurked for another 2-3.

I still have more hair than when I was 22, I am now 32. Now getting by with minoxidil, nizoral, s5, and revivogen. Check out my other threads if you want to see how my regimen has evolved over the years.

Attached a photo of how I keep my hair now. Pretty long, and only a tiny bit of thinning on the temples (which I've had since I was 19). Dad is bald, brother was NW3 at 23, now about a 5a. Wish I had to guts to open up to some close friends / family members as I watch their hair get worse and worse and mine stays the same. My hair stylist said I'd be bald in my 20s. Take that!

Some words of wisdom:
Be patient and accept your fate... but genetics be damned! You can hold on to that hair for decades.
Live stress free and healthy - not only will it do amazing things for your hair, but life will be much better.
Don't waste time on the little things - don't examine the hairline of every man, woman, and child. Just enjoy life!
Embrace what you have. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. Stay focused on what you want.

Attachments

• 20150908_103754-2.jpg
    20150908_103754-2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 300
Reactions: kir

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry I have been neglecting the site! Been a member here for almost 8 years, lurked for another 2-3.

I still have more hair than when I was 22, I am now 32. Now getting by with minoxidil, nizoral, s5, and revivogen. Check out my other threads if you want to see how my regimen has evolved over the years.

Attached a photo of how I keep my hair now. Pretty long, and only a tiny bit of thinning on the temples (which I've had since I was 19). Dad is bald, brother was NW3 at 23, now about a 5a. Wish I had to guts to open up to some close friends / family members as I watch their hair get worse and worse and mine stays the same. My hair stylist said I'd be bald in my 20s. Take that!

Some words of wisdom:
Be patient and accept your fate... but genetics be damned! You can hold on to that hair for decades.
Live stress free and healthy - not only will it do amazing things for your hair, but life will be much better.
Don't waste time on the little things - don't examine the hairline of every man, woman, and child. Just enjoy life!
Embrace what you have. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. Stay focused on what you want.

Congrats your hair looks great. Can you please advise the frequency of all the products you use? Do you have any type of scalp inflammation?

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and thanks for the update!

Can you provide any info on whether you had any sides with minoxidil? I am concerned about wrinkles, dark circles etc.

What is your overall take of topical spironolactone? How often/ when do you use it?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats your hair looks great. Can you please advise the frequency of all the products you use? Do you have any type of scalp inflammation?
Thanks! Let's see. nizoral 1% 2x a week at night. S5 2-3x a week at night after nizoral. minoxidil / Revivogen in the morning, alternating every day. No sides.

Congratulations and thanks for the update!

Can you provide any info on whether you had any sides with minoxidil? I am concerned about wrinkles, dark circles etc.

What is your overall take of topical spironolactone? How often/ when do you use it?

No problem and thanks! Never heard of wrinkles / dark circles. Again I have no sides. I believe so many are fabricated. I was on finasteride though, that changed my life. Can't express how much hatred I have for that drug. Feel like I am still recovering from that.

I give 90% of my success to s5. It isn't magic, but every place I have diligently placed it has not lost any hair. I only use it 2-3x a week too.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Awesome job of holding on. 10 years is a lot of time, i've seen friends go from 18 fullheads to Norwood-5 by their mid twenties. Goes to show S5 does its job, your regimen is very similar to mine.