10 years into treatment, questions and concerns, please read

10YearsofTreatment

Reaction score
I nov 1996 I was 20 and diffuse thinning with minor recession. In a muscle magazine I found a european pharmace that was selling real proscar 5mg tablets and this website as a source. I ordered them and it changed my life. Combined the 1.25mg of proscar plys 1x daily 5% minoxidil at night and didnt really lose any more hair for 2 years... Then it very slowly started coming back.. it has been slow and i have been a finasteride user for 10 years and minoxidil for that time as well although once/day until rogaine 5% foam came out. I have been on that for 6 months basically twice daily, using it alone morning and night. I have seen serious acceleration in hair loss. I am still using proscar but I get the generic made by TEVA. I also have been shampooing with Nizoral off and on for 10 years. Overall, I feel like I would have been bald long ago if I never started. My younger brother is 4 years younger and almost bald. He never did any treatments as far as i know.

My hairline is a "V" shape now so I am trying to hold it and keep the bald spot from appearing in the back. I continue to diffuse front to back but it isnt noticeable "YET!"

Questions:

Should I try PROMOX? I feel like what I am using is no longer working very well.

Is rogaine 5% foam a blessing or evil?

Should I switch back to name brand Proscar?

Please let me know

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Peronally I would never touch any generic products. I would definately switch back to brand name products. Least you know what your getting and thats a reputable company with strict quality controls. I dont know what PROMOX is. i can only speak for Rogaine Foam and tell you that it is both a blessing and a curse, but siding more on the side of blessing. If you check out my post history I have plenty opinions on the foam. But in short its very much a roller coaster ride, but if you have little choice (which clearly you dont because your starting to lose again) then its time to got on my friend and enjoy the ride. But dont let that scare you, all in all its a very positive experience, just takes a long time to work.

Good Luck :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
it sounds like your hair loss is almost stablized, have you considered getting a hair transplant?