10 months propecia shed

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 9 1/2 months into big 3( finasteride 1mg daily.....minoxidil once) ..hairimproving in cycles.... But now past week I am having heaviest shedding ever.. 400 + hairs falling and I have counted that. Bald spots are obvious. Any suggestions that this kind of shedding can occur at such time over treatments

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I had shedding like this too but it came back. It's not unusual

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had shedding like this too but it came back. It's not unusual

Thanks for the info....... But this shed is normal finasteride cycle shed or hair loss is too aggressive for finasterid????
But previously I was having satisfactory improvement slowly.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info....... But this shed is normal finasteride cycle shed or hair loss is too aggressive for finasterid????
But previously I was having satisfactory improvement slowly.

probably just a shed cycle

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't exist, not a single proof about "fina shedding", annedotal comments of people who use minoxidil or seasonal shedding, post me pics of someone baseline that used only fina and had a shedding before regrowth.... yeah zero

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't exist, not a single proof about "fina shedding", annedotal comments of people who use minoxidil or seasonal shedding, post me pics of someone baseline that used only fina and had a shedding before regrowth.... yeah zero

My thoughts exactly. It's never been proven to interfere with the hair cycles unlike Minoxidil. I reckon all this shedding is normal variation or continue of male pattern baldness.

I have been on finasteride for 5 months daily. Regrowth coming through (nothing amazing) but no shedding change. Just usual up and down shedding.

unplugged88

Reaction score

*Raises hand*
I've been shedding massively since I've started finasteride, and it has caused hair loss in very unnatural places. I've also read many stories online of people who have experienced similar reactions.

Pics in my thread. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ult-my-Diffusion-Jumping-on-finasteride/page4

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
*Raises hand*
I've been shedding massively since I've started finasteride, and it has caused hair loss in very unnatural places. I've also read many stories online of people who have experienced similar reactions.

Pics in my thread. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ult-my-Diffusion-Jumping-on-finasteride/page4

you are using minoxidil dude....ofc you can shed with minoxidil, it's totally normal + seasonal shedding

I'm talking about people who use ONLY fina and nothing else

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
When was last time you used minoxidil? How many months ago?
Anyway it can be seasonal shedding ( i lost a lot this weeks), do extesive blood works like vitamins deficit, thyroid or effluvium, i Doctor told me some times effluvium seems Androgenetic Alopecia and seems to hit only the top scalp.

There is nos cience behind the "fina shedding", and one of the most expensive and competent Doctor in my country with thousands of patients told me it doesn't exist and when someone have a "fina shedding" there are other reasons behind, i trust him

unplugged88

Reaction score
When was last time you used minoxidil? How many months ago?
Anyway it can be seasonal shedding ( i lost a lot this weeks), do extesive blood works like vitamins deficit, thyroid or effluvium, i Doctor told me some times effluvium seems Androgenetic Alopecia and seems to hit only the top scalp.

There is nos cience behind the "fina shedding", and one of the most expensive and competent Doctor in my country with thousands of patients told me it doesn't exist and when someone have a "fina shedding" there are other reasons behind, i trust him

I only used minoxidil for a few weeks in December. And I didn't apply it to my eyebrows and sides (which are some of the areas I'm loosing hair). I also had my blood-work done recently as well and I'm as healthy as can be.

Not trying to derail the topic, I just think there's a lot about Finasteride that isn't fully understood, and it seems very possible some studies we idolize were even altered in favor of the drug.