10 Months Post Hair Transplant With Questions

JimmyPayge

My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been 10 months since I had 1850 FUE grafts on on my hairline and temples. I have to say I am happy with the results aside from a spot that either was missed or didn't grow. I will eventually go and have a very small 500-750 grafts for a second hair transplant to thicken everything up nicely and to fill in that spot.

My main concern at 10months is that the hairs are coarse in texture, and feel dry and brittle. These hairs are also kinky and wiry. When I first started styling my hair I did not have this problem, I noticed the hairs were a bit thicker but it masked in nicely and didn't interfere with my styling. Now the hairs have become more brittle and feel dry and when I go to style it does not want to take the shape or the style and wont go straight like before.

I use a blowdryer to get my hair straight, I have never had a problem with my hairs drying out in the years that I've been doing it, only the transplant hairs seem to dry out to the point where they seem fried and unable to hold moisture.

Can this be because the grafts are still maturing that the hair isn't able to stand the heat like my normal hairs yet. Has anyone else encountered this where heat tools tend to dry out the transplant hair faster than the normal hair? and did this resolve for you over time?

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Your final hair texture may not be apparent for 18 months or even 2 years. Sometimes the new hairs come in coarse, sometimes very fine. You just need to give it time. Glad you are happy with your results!