10 months in...huge shed

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
For the past 10 months up until now I have experienced a noticiable thickening of my hair while on finasteride. The whole time I've been on it I have experienced no shedding, rubbing my hands through my hair i would see only 1 or 2 hairs on my hand at the most. Now, 10 months in...i am having a monster shed, rubbing my hair and seeing 20-30 hairs fall in the sink. At 10 months can there still be expected to see some regrowth, or should i expect the hair falling out to be long gone?

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 2 years now and I still get periods of massive sheds. My hair compared to where it was when I started is definitely better but I constantly hit periods of sheds and thinning followed by periods of apparent thickening.

I think that stabilizing (i.e. not entering shed cycles after a certain period under finasteride) is just a myth.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Im on month 8 of propecia and am currently dealing with a massive shed also. Hang in there. It will all work out in the end.

Time to go shave it all off though, since Im in a massive shed, theres no point.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
ahh...man...what a killer shed this is! I had just gotten to the point where i was getting a lot of comments and people were telling me how thick my hair looked. Now my hair is starting to look all thin and limp. I hope it comes back the way it was. This is so unnerving.....hold me! :blush:

rptiffany

Reaction score
cmudave, any updates? i experienced the same thing recently and was wondering how it worked out for you

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
still shedding....not as much...but still a whole lot more than i would like....hopefully it will stoop soon and maybe i will see some more regrowth. I'll keep ya updated.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you suffering from receeding hairline of thinning ? my hair nvr get better with finasteride and i am still waiting for it to turn better ! Your hair gets a lot better when on finasteride?

lazarus

Reaction score
I'm at about 1 year on finasteride and I have hair falling out like crazy. I have a tendency to play with my hairline all day and I'm pulling out hairs by the mittful every 2 seconds, it's ridiculous. I don't think I ever really experienced much regrowth on my hairline to begin so, so this is a little defeating. I'm just gonna hope for the best.

ross007

Reaction score
hi guys.. im at the 8 month mark now and i have been shedding throughout the whole time... but the past month it has increased... it feels like my hair is getting weaker and scalp is more visable now.. when did you guys see hair getting thicker again? thanks

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Month 5 on propecia for me, with a regimen of aloe/rogaine/nizoral as well. I have seen some results, and it has overall thickened - i'm not much for looking in the mirror every day, but I did today and noticed that on parts of my hair I could no longer see scalp where I once could. But currently I just started going through quite a shed - every time I run my hands through my hair, i get 3 - 4 hairs. Kind of disheartening when my hair is already thin. We'll see where this goes, I'm determined to give this a full year - if it doesn't work in the end, then I'm shaving it all off and moving on with my life :punk: