10 month update

jeffsss

Reaction score
sorry to say nothing positive to report.
my head is still tender, i still lose 30 ish hairs while showering..

looking back at photos, i've REALLY changed for the worse.. :( in less than 8 months time...

not trying to throw a pity party but i don't think i'm a good responder to finasteride.

what topicals should i consider? and where do i get them.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss, hold in there, i was like you before and thought finasteride was making my hair worse. My hair looked good like 2 months into finasteride, then it took a turn for the worse (as i thought). I started March of 2005. Then like 3 weeks before Christmas i buzzed my hair, and out of nowhere it came back in so much faster and thicker, and even grew some terminal hairs at hairline. It was amazing. My hairline was striaght across again, just some temple loss. So that would be at about the 10th month mark. Then shortly after i started to get some bad sides, and i tapered off of finasteride. I was off for a good 2 months, but i was using anti-androgens to retain my resultls. I may have lost a little density. Im going to re-start finasteride. I was also not worrying about hairloss at all, and not visiting these forums, which i think helps a lot. Do yourself a favour and give finasteride 2 solid years, and dont visit these sites, and dont think about hairloss. Cut your hair short in the meantime and let the meds do their thing. If i would have sticked with the finasteride, my hair probabbly would have been better, but i maintained it,and im jumping back on it, so i probabbly didnt lose too much and will most liely get the thickness back. I was also using Xandrox 5, Xandrox 15, and Proxiphen. But i was missing minoxidil applications, and sometimes i applied Xandrox 15 only once per day, and sometimes twice per day. So finasteride was the definite cause for my big improvement, and it came out of nowhere. STICK WITH IT!

worried@22

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for 8 months and I look WAY worse. I haven’t cut my hair in 2 1/2 months because I am don’t’ want to see what it will look like. This is taking over my life, I am only 22 and my temple loss is horrible...

What topicals should I get on? I am thinking about minoxidil 5% and topical spironolactone. (ozbrew looks dangerous but tempting)

Comments please.

If I don't see any improvement in 4 months.. I am switching to oral dutasteride and oral spironolactone. If I grow boobs I grow boobs.. that way, I may make it to 25 with some hair left. C'est la vie.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you guys read my post at all? I was going through the same sh*t, then BOOM! out of nowhere a huge improvement happened at the end of 10 months, it could take longer for some people. Atleast give it 15 months before you do anything. Its going to look worse before it gets better. Thats just the way it is.

worried@22

Reaction score
Could you please address my question about what a good selection of topical solutions will be? And yes, I did read your post and I was quite impressed. But I think 12 months of deterioration is enough to warrant a change. According to my doctor, 12 months is long enough to tell if the drug is compatible with your type of hair loss. (I could be in the 10% where it is not) I am not talking about regrowth here; I am talking about a Norwood 1 to a Norwood 3 in half a year. As I said, I will grow boobies on spironolactone and break down my organs on dutasteride before I stay on a sinking ship; but a lot could change in four months.

So, could you please tell me what a good topical would be to compliment finasteride? Or would you rather just tell me 'this is the way it is'?

Felk

Reaction score
worried@22 said:
Could you please address my question about what a good selection of topical solutions will be? And yes, I did read your post and I was quite impressed. But I think 12 months of deterioration is enough to warrant a change. According to my doctor, 12 months is long enough to tell if the drug is compatible with your type of hair loss. (I could be in the 10% where it is not) I am not talking about regrowth here; I am talking about a Norwood 1 to a Norwood 3 in half a year. As I said, I will grow boobies on spironolactone and break down my organs on dutasteride before I stay on a sinking ship; but a lot could change in four months.

So, could you please tell me what a good topical would be to compliment finasteride? Or would you rather just tell me 'this is the way it is'?

How about you don't get rude and annoyed with Stax for attempting to help you, and next time don't demand more answers to questions you have posted hijacking another person's thread.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, you said you've been on finasteride 8 months and not 12. So thats why i said so give it atleast 12 months or more before changing anything. However, i would opt for 5% minoxidil. You can even try 15% Minoxidil if you want to see faster results possibly, and 5% Minoxidil with Retin-A. Topical spironolactone hasnt really dont much for people from what ive read, but it has worked for some, and may work for you. There's also copper peptides products like Tricomin. Do a search one them.

There's an expensive product called "Proxiphen" by Dr.Proctor. Its a cream that contains many different ingredients.

http://www.drproctor.com/products.htm

Thx, Felk, yeah dude was gettin rude.

jeffsss

Reaction score
thanks guys... i really really didnt want to go the rogaine route.. but it looks likei have to if i want a chance.

i'll be buyinig it and starting tomorrow. I dont kwon how much more i can take of this..

STAX- i appreciate your comments.. i realy truely do try to stay away form this forum... but it's hard..i'm sure you could undrestand.

i'll ride it out a bit longer.. and i'm really really not happy about how things are going nwo tho.