1 year update

bald eagle

Reaction score
1 year update - Success

I just wanted to post my one year update.

I started rogaine in 2012 since my hairline was receding at the temples. But I was never aware that I was losing hair on top until I took my first progress pic (I never had a chance to look at the top of my head :D). I don't have pics of my hairline as of yet, but the recession at the temples has stopped and filing in VERY slowly (it's somewhat better than 1 year ago).

I've been on rogaine for 14 months and finasteride/proscar for about 6 months.

2u87y1k.jpg

2r7vczq.jpg

That spot on the back of my head is a cowlick and not a bald spot :)

Regime:
- Rogaine foam in the morning
- 1ml Kirkland 5% minoxidil liquid at night
- roughly 0.8mg of finasteride before bed (5mg proscar cut into sixths)

I started off using Revita, but after reading the reviews I didn't plan on re-purchasing it again after I finished the bottle. Now I just wash my hair with water, and shampoo it three times a week (after the gym).

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results. Thanks for sharing. I'm almost on the same thing as you but only instead if 0.8mg finasteride is 1.25mg, and i'm on dutasteride 0.5mg a day and 2ml Rogaine liquid in the night, Rogaine foam in the day, i'm 3 weeks in.

You have very thick hair and you caught your male pattern baldness before it got really bad, congrats.

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking foreward to hairline photos, but congrats!

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you just wash your hair three days per week? Don't you get greasy hair?
He said he washes his his with water and shampoos it three times a week. I'm guessing he means he washes it with water 4 times and shampoo 3 times.

rhine2

Reaction score
Often hairloss sufferers have extremely greasy and waxy scalp. I am curious if washing with water alone will help especially the waxy sebum will trap dust and dirt which will clog the follicles further.

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Often hairloss sufferers have extremely greasy and waxy scalp. I am curious if washing with water alone will help especially the waxy sebum will trap dust and dirt which will clog the follicles further.
Yeah but finasteride should solve the greasiness as it seems to be related to the high amount of dht. He said he's been proscar for 6 months so it should have lowered the amount of sebum. I've been on finasteride for 3 months and the sebum has disappeared, my scalp feels kinda dry tbh.