1 year update minoxidil. What do i do (pics)

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on minoxidil for a year now. Current stack is spironolactone and minoxidil at night and minoxidil and AA acid in the day. I currently buzz my head to a 1# everyweek because it conceals the thinning ( diffuser) Any suggestions? i am nearly 18 and this sucks.

april 2012
IMG_2869.jpg

November 2012
IMG_0286.jpg

December 2012 3#
IMG_0568-Copy2_zps44ed7ec4.jpg

December 2012 1#
IMG_0571_zps0c0d3978.jpg

Todays hair
mkdxck.jpg

in lighting
6y0bw3.jpg

Please comment. How long left will the 1# keep me? is there any hope?

damn i reckon i would look good if i had a tan

- - - Updated - - -

bump

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on minoxidil for a year now. Current stack is spironolactone and minoxidil at night and minoxidil and AA acid in the day. I currently buzz my head to a 1# everyweek because it conceals the thinning ( diffuser) Any suggestions? i am nearly 18 and this sucks.

april 2012
IMG_2869.jpg

November 2012
IMG_0286.jpg

December 2012 3#
IMG_0568-Copy2_zps44ed7ec4.jpg

December 2012 1#
IMG_0571_zps0c0d3978.jpg

Todays hair
mkdxck.jpg

in lighting
6y0bw3.jpg

Please comment. How long left will the 1# keep me? is there any hope?

damn i reckon i would look good if i had a tan

- - - Updated - - -

bump

BUMP

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
Can only give opinions since you insist. Given your age, race/ethnicity, I believe you were destined to be hairless fast and it shows. You have considerable loss at this young age when you have not even started your life. My heart goes out to you. What is discouraging is that you have used minoxidil for a year and it seems to me that it has not grown any hair at all; but possibly has only kept hair what you had (?) You can make the best judgement. Only hope is to try finasteride. You already know the "scare" about finasteride, so I would not repeat and only say that you need to make some sacrifice to gain something. finasteride/dutasteride has had dramatic results specially combined with minoxidil. Contrary to common say on boards, spironolactone is a strong Anti-Androgen and it easily goes systemic even when applied just topically. It has small molecular weight and zooms thru dermis layer easily. spironolactone is notorious for growing gyno in men, and again, it depends on individual how much their body tolerates and not affected so as to grow gyno. I know workout firsthand; so I am suspecting that you already have gyno, an A-cup, camouflaged nicely with workout body. I don't know how long you have been applying spironolactone topically that may have resulted in gyno, if any-I could be totally wrong though. Anyhow, spironolactone starts working right from the first dose. It is also diuretic and changes kidney chemistry at first dose, and men experience some tickling at nipples/gyno area. Not many can say much but that you might need finasteride if you are serious about growing hair. If you do, I would not stop or change minoxidil use just to see net effect of finasteride on your hair status. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or if anything above is confusing or unanswered. (sorry, but this posting stuff does not let me make paragraphs or break lines with enter key or an. Admin! Whats up with that?)

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention one thing. There are some who have reported hair shedding right after their workout. Have you seen exacerbated hair loss due to workout? It appears that workout causes stress hormone to spike and possibly affect hair. It is also possible that test. levels rise during/after workout that may negatively affect hair on men's scalp. Can you give us any info if workout has had any affect on your hair? Thanks

LOL i do not have gyno you idiot. And spironolactone is fine.

progosu

Reaction score
yeah spironolactone is fine, you will die of cancer, bb.

btw. I just love the internet, where a 17 years old little kid can call you an idiot.

upyours

Reaction score
Can only give opinions since you insist. Given your age, race/ethnicity, I believe you were destined to be hairless fast and it shows. You have considerable loss at this young age when you have not even started your life. My heart goes out to you. What is discouraging is that you have used minoxidil for a year and it seems to me that it has not grown any hair at all; but possibly has only kept hair what you had (?) You can make the best judgement. Only hope is to try finasteride. You already know the "scare" about finasteride, so I would not repeat and only say that you need to make some sacrifice to gain something. finasteride/dutasteride has had dramatic results specially combined with minoxidil. Contrary to common say on boards, spironolactone is a strong Anti-Androgen and it easily goes systemic even when applied just topically. It has small molecular weight and zooms thru dermis layer easily. spironolactone is notorious for growing gyno in men, and again, it depends on individual how much their body tolerates and not affected so as to grow gyno. I know workout firsthand; so I am suspecting that you already have gyno, an A-cup, camouflaged nicely with workout body. I don't know how long you have been applying spironolactone topically that may have resulted in gyno, if any-I could be totally wrong though. Anyhow, spironolactone starts working right from the first dose. It is also diuretic and changes kidney chemistry at first dose, and men experience some tickling at nipples/gyno area. Not many can say much but that you might need finasteride if you are serious about growing hair. If you do, I would not stop or change minoxidil use just to see net effect of finasteride on your hair status. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or if anything above is confusing or unanswered. (sorry, but this posting stuff does not let me make paragraphs or break lines with enter key or an. Admin! Whats up with that?)

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention one thing. There are some who have reported hair shedding right after their workout. Have you seen exacerbated hair loss due to workout? It appears that workout causes stress hormone to spike and possibly affect hair. It is also possible that test. levels rise during/after workout that may negatively affect hair on men's scalp. Can you give us any info if workout has had any affect on your hair? Thanks

It seems like you do not know what the hell you're talking about.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
btw. I just love the internet, where a 17 years old little kid can call you an idiot.
Yeah! You got it ! And I am happy for hopeless keyboard warriors making themselves little happy by LOL