1 year on finasteride without results. Should I try dutasteride?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes no difference if you believe it or not. Its already been well documented.

Because if you take a medicine for 22 years, depending where you live and what brand you are taking, there will be points where the brand you are on is discontinued, in my instance when that has happened, its then been the case that I've had to cycle through 4 or 5 brands before I can find one that is able to stabilize my hair again, as usually if the first brand I switch to is ineffective it will start dumping the entire front two thirds of my hair onto my keyboard within a few months.

Already been countless others reporting shedding restarting after a brand switch.
Yeah I read a few on reddit. Bunch of hypohondriacs.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I read a few on reddit. Bunch of hypohondriacs.
Been commented about back in the early 2000's, before reddit existed....... But Yer ok whatever Einstein ............You Know best..

Lucky I don't listen to this kind advice, otherwise I would have been pushing a Norwood 5a, over decade ago.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
1647219833035.jpeg

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride inhibits about 5-10% more scalp DHT. Rare, but some also report increased thinning. If you are maintaining on finasteride then do not change it. You need to add a growth stimulant like minoxidil or a topical antiandrogen like RU.

Maxypooo123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless there are tests showing dht levels in blood changing while taking different types of generic propecia Im willing to say this whole thing is bull. Worshipping brand names is some pure America sh*t, crazy how it’s still there when discussing meds

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless there are tests showing dht levels in blood changing while taking different types of generic propecia Im willing to say this whole thing is bull. Worshipping brand names is some pure America sh*t, crazy how it’s still there when discussing meds
U get your sh*t from the Philippines don’t you bro