1 Year On Brand Propecia, Hairline Receding Rapidly And Density Way Down

Eavdr10

My Regimen
Reaction score
So depressed. I have used Propecia in the past, (age 36), and it worked very well. Couldn’t afford it anymore at the time, so stopped it. About a year ago, things settled down for me, and Propecia was the first thing I couldn’t wait to hop back on. One year later, my hair is thinner than ever and my hairline is receding rapidly. I am currently 39 years old, and I am afraid that it’s just not in the cards for me anymore. I have also used Rogaine Foam every morning along with Propecia. I noticed a lot of smaller blonde like hairs along my hairline and was hoping this was new growth, but I’m afraid it’s miniaturization. Do I give up? I’ve been on brand Propecia for 11 months. My doctor when I saw him last, just told me to keep going. I’m at a loss and don’t know what to do. I’ve used Dermatch concealer for years and it has been very helpful, but it’s starting to become noticeable along the hair line. I wish I wasn’t so vein, but this hair loss is destroying my self esteem. Shaving my head is not an option. I have gotten back into heavy weight training again this past year, and am wondering if maybe it’s effecting the hair loss. Do I drop the pills?

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your doctor gave you good advise. You made it clear that you don't want to shave so the best thing to do is what you're doing. It may not be working as fast as the first time that you took it but just be patient and hope for the best. It's not like we have a lot of proven options right now.

Although weight training is said to increase testosterone during and for a short period of time after a workout, I personally (my opinion from what I've researched) don't believe it would make a significant difference if at all. I train 4-5 days a week and I've never noticed anything out of the ordinary.

You may want to look into hair fibers. There are plenty of people who use it with Dermmatch.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you 100% certain the small blond hairs along your hairline are "outgoing" and not "incoming"? You didn't sound too sure.

I think you should give it more time. It's easy to be pessimistic and get depressed.

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He cares, and that's all that matters.
him caring isn't going to make finasteride magically start working for him again

so he can choose to be depressed while nothing works for him or he can accept his fate

like i said, this is a 40 year old man. 1/3 men are bald or balding at that age.

Eavdr10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your doctor gave you good advise. You made it clear that you don't want to shave so the best thing to do is what you're doing. It may not be working as fast as the first time that you took it but just be patient and hope for the best. It's not like we have a lot of proven options right now.

Although weight training is said to increase testosterone during and for a short period of time after a workout, I personally (my opinion from what I've researched) don't believe it would make a significant difference if at all. I train 4-5 days a week and I've never noticed anything out of the ordinary.

You may want to look into hair fibers. There are plenty of people who use it with Dermmatch.

Eavdr10

My Regimen
Reaction score

Eavdr10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I actually bought some Toppik last week. It looks pretty bad on the hairline, but nicely on the top of my head. Plan on using them together

Eavdr10

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed the bell is hairs a few months back. Followed them pretty closely. Specifically on the hairline. Pretty safe to say they slowly got thinner.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should post pictures of progress. We need evidence to be sure you actually In fact are losing ground. Also some people bounce back pretty good after the first few sheds.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
him caring isn't going to make finasteride magically start working for him again

so he can choose to be depressed while nothing works for him or he can accept his fate

like i said, this is a 40 year old man. 1/3 men are bald or balding at that age.

Probably more than 1/3rd actually. It seems like almost every guy 40 years old has some amount of hairloss I would say 3/4th of 40 yr olds have hairloss to some extent.