1 year minoxidil: Hair grows, but still falling

Kimble

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am 20 years old and started to experience hair loss since 19 (it started falling suddenly, before that i never had problems with hairloss and even none in my family are bald)

My current treatment:
Minoxidil 5% - 1 year. (Every night)
Nizoral - 1 year 6 months.

The dermatologist always tells me that she see new hairs every time I go, my hairdresser says also that i have a lot of new hairs, but what worries me is the fall which produces thinning, specially at my front hairline.

Does Minoxidil can actually help with the falling or it only serves to stimulate growth?

I suspect that the problem is not Androgenetic Alopecia but instead have something to do with stressful situations that started last year, maybe that explains why my hair grows but it doesn't stop falling.

upload2.jpg

Any comments, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 215

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
your hair follicles are getting damaged by byproducts of DHT. so they are getting smaller and smaller. minoxidil cant stop that.
nizoral cant either, too weak. you need either finasteride/dutasteride, seti, or topical anti-androgen.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
T
Hello everyone!

I am 20 years old and started to experience hair loss since 19 (it started falling suddenly, before that i never had problems with hairloss and even none in my family are bald)

My current treatment:
Minoxidil 5% - 1 year. (Every night)
Nizoral - 1 year 6 months.

The dermatologist always tells me that she see new hairs every time I go, my hairdresser says also that i have a lot of new hairs, but what worries me is the fall which produces thinning, specially at my front hairline.

Does Minoxidil can actually help with the falling or it only serves to stimulate growth?

I suspect that the problem is not Androgenetic Alopecia but instead have something to do with stressful situations that started last year, maybe that explains why my hair grows but it doesn't stop falling.

View attachment 38405

Any comments, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

That's definitely Androgenetic Alopecia, and young too. Best get on finasteride quick, looks like you'll need that without a doubt.