1 year avodart update

maddoc23

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to give everyone an update of my progress while on avodart for one year.

My regimen:
Lasercomb since 4/2002 to current
Propecia started 10/2002 stopped on 05/15/2003 (7 months)
Avodart since 05/15/2003 to current (1 year)
minoxidil 5% since 04/2003 temples only (1 year)
Nizoral

History:

23 yr. old male with NW2V status

Progress: Noticed improvement when just using propecia with nizoral however in May 2003 I switched to avodart and added minoxidil 5% at the temples only. After the switch my hair continued to improve at the temples, crown, vertex and everywhere else. My hair is much thicker, filled in at the vertex, and my temples have filled in as well. I started with a NW2.5V shadow and I would guess I have moved up 1/2 a norwood (toNW2V), but that doesn't take into account how much thicker my hair has become. I'm very happy with avodart and minoxidil and will continue to use them. In case anyone is wondering, I used solely the lasercomb for about a year and noticed (rather others noticed) my vertex filled in a little and my hair seemed thicker. However, I believe these results waned until I added other treatments (finasteride/dutasteride). I'll be happy to answer any reasonable questions.

D

drinkrum

Reaction score
Sup dawg,

How're the side effects with dutasteride, especially in contrast to those you might have experienced with finasteride?

D.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Congratulations Maddoc!

You are a brave man to use both Avodart and Propecia at the same time!

HairLossTalk.com

maddoc23

Established Member
Reaction score
Drinkrum,

Fortunately, I never experienced any side effects from propecia or avodart.

HairLossTalk.com,

Thanks, but you give me to much credit. I did not use avodart and propecia at the same time, rather I went from propecia to avodart.

D