1 year and 1/2 Propecia/minoxidil

JohnnyRock

Reaction score
Regimen

1.25 Mg finasteride - Proscar spilt four ways taken once daily
Nizoral shampoo 2% 3 times a week
minoxidil - 12.5% applied once nightly or whenever my gf doesn't ask why it smells like rubbing acohol on the pillow LOL

I have been on Proscar now for a year and a half. My success story doesn't seem to be to much to awww about because I think I caught it at the right time. I am 25 years old. I starting seeing my receeding hairline start about 2 1/2 - years ago. Went to the doctor I was told it was early stages of male pattern baldness. My brother Is completely thinned out ... so pretty much bald. He's only three years older than me. Family history shows hairloss on both sides of the family. Mothers side brothers are slick bald. My dad has little hair as well. But he maintain all the way til about 50 ... So I jumped on the big three in fear of ending up like my brother.

Now the reason for my posting is hopefully I can be proof of the new generation of people getting on the big three at the first signs of male pattern baldness. I would be more than HAPPY to maintain what I have now!

Bellow is my hair wet and dry. As well two front views of my hairline. I haven't nocticed much progresion in my hairline other than a few new hairs. I seem to be getting more coverage at a VERY slow pace.

Any questions please ask .... And good luck.

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 6,473
  • hairdry.JPG
    hairdry.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 6,487
  • hairfront.JPG
    hairfront.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 6,496
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 6,457

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks good. I wouldn't be able to tell you had any problems with it. Good thing you caught it early and started treated it. I just started finasteride 2 weeks ago.

JohnnyRock

Reaction score
That's great! Takes some pictures!!! And stick with it .... It really does work. At least your at price of mind knowing your doing everything you can.

Cheers

Good luck!