1% of background checks are inaccurate.

CCS

Reaction score
If your name is similar to someone else's, or if someone used your name as an alias, you could be denied a job.

One guy actually sued a state because someone else's criminal record showed up on his record. The department of justice defended itself saying the criminal had used that name as an alias, and therefore the criminal record should show up under that name.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ap-impact ... 35059.html

CCS

Reaction score
I googled my name, and I found a felon who is a different age, and no middle name stated. Now I don't want to tell women my last name online since I don't want them to incorrectly google me. Since most courts do not put SSN and DOB online, and most background check places look only for free info online, they do not know DOB, and can easily mistake me for someone with the same name.

HughJass

Reaction score
are you of the opinion that women are generally devious and manipulative creatures, CCS?

CCS

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
are you of the opinion that women are generally devious and manipulative creatures, CCS?

No, I'm of the opinion that at least half of humans are, and from both sexes.

Think about it: if people were so reasonable, would we have wars? Would have have workers slacking off because their boss is not paying them enough, making both of them poorer? Would people be low balling your car ad, offering you $500 for a car you know is worth $2000, just because they think you need food on the table that night and will sell it cheap?

I like people who play poker, since at least then everyone going in knows what the risks are and what everyone else's intentions are.

I've watched many spouses and roommates fight each other. They are very onesided and unreasonable. If I tell them what I think is fair, they are not interested. But if I can pull them apart, I can often talk each of them down and get them to stop stabbing the other, which then leads to both staying calm. That is America.

I've also been ripped off many times, and have since then learned how to avoid getting ripped off.

I'm currently reading 48 Laws of Power. The author missed some laws I thought up, but is still educational. Laws like "don't outshine the master" are good in most cases, though some masters are actually humble. I take the book with a grain of salt, but it is true most of the time considering that most people have issues.

HughJass

Reaction score
CCS said:

I disagree. Women are disproportionately wile and cunning. Either it's in their DNA to be like this or they just had to becoming more cunning into order to get ahead in a male dominated world.

to wit:

guy: I don't want to ever get married.I just hate the concept, I'd never do it
girl: but woudln't you do anything to make me happy?
guy: of course I would I do anything to make you happy
girl: marriage would make me happy

so cunning......

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
If only 1% are inaccurate then I will definitely take those odds. Sounds good to me.

Agree. Will.. perhaps... at one point, take that risk and see for myself if something historic happens.

But, that's just a crazy side of me. :punk:

oni

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
CCS said:

I disagree. Women are disproportionately wile and cunning. Either it's in their DNA to be like this or they just had to becoming more cunning into order to get ahead in a male dominated world.

to wit:

guy: I don't want to ever get married.I just hate the concept, I'd never do it
girl: but woudln't you do anything to make me happy?
guy: of course I would I do anything to make you happy
girl: marriage would make me happy

so cunning......

Both sexes just have different ways of getting to their end game..................

oni

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
oni said:
Both sexes just have different ways of getting to their end game..................

that's what women want us to think

so cunning.....

Do you wear a skirt on the weekend............................

All these years gathering info against men..................................working for the otherside!!! you Norwood traitor!!

so cunning.....

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
Generally, men will do anything to get sex, women use sex to get anything they want.

Evolutionarily speaking, it's more a case of "survival of the horniest" than "survival of the fittest".

But then why are men generally more prolific than women?

I believe this is due to our essential biology. Females ovulate at certain times, in fact only a fraction of her fertile life is a window of opportunity for her egg to get fertilized. If men were similarly wired, then the chances of being ready at the same time as the female are slim - extinction would be inevitable. So males need to be ready at a moment's notice.

Or rather, over the course of millions of years of mammalian evolution, the males who WERE ready at a moment's notice had far more children than males who weren't. We are the way we are, because it works - all life exists because their respective traits worked.