1 Month Avodart update

mattam

Reaction score
Hi...

Just want to give a quick update and want to see if anyone can share similar experiences....

I have been on Avodart for 1 month now. Before that was on Propecia for 3.5 years. It worked great for first 2.5 years and went downhil after that (very fast I say) Norwood 2.5 to now 3.5 - 4.

Result:

Definitly hair loss has not slowed downed a bit. If anything, it seemed to have increased. My front has thinned significantly over last one month. I don't know if this is b/c of dutasteride or it's just male pattern baldness progressing. Overall hair seems finer than when I started.

Side effects:
- Dry lips (definitely)
- First few weeks, I felt feverish and light-headed. But then again, It could have been because I was recovering from a cold. But it did felt wierd than normal cold (maybe Testosterone jump causing that). Now it's ok.
- Knee pain -- this is totally strange and unexpected. I actually read another post that someone has this. But now it's has gotten ok.

Did anyone switch from finasteride to dutasteride because finasteride was not working anymore? How's ur result and it if works, how long does it take.

Thanks...

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
mattam, I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress. I for one am very interested as I am considering dutasteride as well, but I have just started my 3rd month on finasteride, so I'm going to give that a while, but I don't think I see any results yet, not that I expected to after 2 months.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Yeah i made the swtich from finasteride to dutasteride. took finasteride for 1.5 yrs with no result, ive been on dutasteride for 6 month, things are just starting to pick up (hair loss slowing down). So im kinda satisfied. Just gonna hang in there. i will keep you guys updated.

G

As will I. At a month and a half on dutasteride it's too soon to report anything.

mattam

Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
Yeah i made the swtich from finasteride to dutasteride. took finasteride for 1.5 yrs with no result, ive been on dutasteride for 6 month, things are just starting to pick up (hair loss slowing down). So im kinda satisfied. Just gonna hang in there. i will keep you guys updated.

Glad to hear it's working for you.

I had been a VERY fast responder to finasteride in the past (first time use it only took 1 month to slow and 3 month w/ regrwoth -- second time after brief period of skip it also only took 1 month to start dramatically slowing down loss and 2 month to regrow).

So, that why I was hoping the same would happen with dutasteride. And as things had actually gotten worse it did freak me out.

Anyway, at least it's working for you...so I have some hope to look forward to.