1.5 year update *best decision i ever made*

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
I was at the height of depression with everything when i started my treatment. I would think (obsess) about hairloss for probably 85-90% of my waking hours. the "results not typical" thing relly got my hopes down along with the seemingly thousands of non happy users on this forum.

Since that time:

Method:1mg Propecia per day, 1 ml rogaine twice a day, nizoral twice a week, lazer comb 3 times a week to start. 1mg Propecia per day, except on friday and saturday, 1 application of rogaine per day, laser comb twice a week.

progress: VERY good results, I used to think of myself as a nw6 (26 years old when i started). Now I don't even think of myself as bald (obsessing made the problem seem 1000 times worse and not thinking about it has made it seem better.) i started seeing results within 2 months, with no sides (a small period of time where I had some crazy facial acne that I havent had for over 10 years), no sheds. Overall satisfaction with the products 8.5/10

Message: The treatment CAN work, it has for me. I also feel that it works at different time frames for everyone. Even maintenance is a success that is far too oftn overlooked. I always thought i'd be one of those peopel that IF I got success that I would be on here non stop trying to help people and encouraging them. That has sadly not been the case. I did at first, but this is only my second post in abou six months. I STRONGLY believe that the reason there are so few positive posts is because people have left this forum and got on with their lives. keep that in mind while reading.

Just stopped in to maybe answer some questions, offer some experienced advice, whatever. If not, I just wanted to leave an update.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm glad the treatments are working for you. Do you have any pics? What norwood are you now?

Anyway, best of luck, my friend, and I hope you maintain for a long time.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
haha quagmire =p. Sorry no pictures :( . Thats my biggest regret, i was SO sure that the meds wouldnt work that I didnt bother. I just took them for peace of mind mor than anything. At the time, I coulndt look at my top of my head because it was just too damn depressing. I didnt really fit on the norwood scale, if i had to make a guess, it would be a NW5 with just really crappy hair that was really spread out instead of stark bald. If you can imagine, I had what I called a strap acorss my head (ear side to ear side) that wuold seperate the crappy hair in front from the bald spot in the back. people referred to me as bald, not thinning. At the moment, I have a NW2 hairline (my hairlines always been pretty good) with much improved thickness up front, the bald spot (not yet bald, but REALLY thin hair in the classic pattern)has shrunk and filled in to the point where I have to squint and be in strong light to notice it.

Best of luck to you too, not just with the hair, but in everyhitng!!

hoit

Reaction score
good work man.

I'm an NW6ish myself so it's good to hear the situation's still retrievable to an extent. I'm still not expecting anything though.