1/4th of 5 MG finasteride

Ignitemyhair

Reaction score
I've been on the big three for about 3 months and been seeing really good progress, but the cost of finasteride is killing me, paying about 60 euros a month. Now my doctor said I can get the 5 mg form and cut in 1/4ths but he said the problem with that is that those pills aren't supposed to be cut and they get dissolved in my stomach acid and it basically won't do anything for me. So basically I have to chose to continu paying **** loads of money for the 1mg pill or take the risk with the 5mg (if there is any). So basically my question is, is my doctor right about this?

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
My opinion isn't based on anything scientific, so I could be wrong. But the fact that there is such a large amount of people that buy Proscar and cut it into 1/4 ths, yet still experience a benefit from it makes me think the physician doesn't know what he is talking about. Either he is ignorant or he just wants your money. Just do a quick google search of does cut up Proscar still work. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of info on it.

Ignitemyhair

Reaction score
Okay thx for the replies, I'm pretty sure my physician is not to blame. He's just reading off that finasteride have a coating on them and he's learned that those get dissolved in the stomach acids. Anyways thx for the replies and gll all on your journeys.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's bull**** because I get the same sides from 1 mg of finasteride and 1.25 mg of cut (5 mg) finasteride. They both work the same way.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not yet sadly. But in the future, I hope so. I'll be happy even with maintenance though. Bottom line is... both of them have the same effects! So if you want to save money, get 5mg and cut it.