1.25mg of finasteride with new growth after 1 month

bobdobbs416

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 38 year old male with slow recession over the last 20 years.

I decided to try 1.25mg of finasteride daily one month ago. Here are my results so far. The image is flipped for comparison.
Untitled-1.jpg

would I be considered a hyper responder?

bobdobbs416

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will do, I thought most people shed in the first couple months so I was surprised to see some new growth already. I was not expecting it.

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this right and left side, or the same side specularized? Would you please post more photos?

bobdobbs416

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this right and left side, or the same side specularized? Would you please post more photos?
It was the same side. Here is a full picture:
2.jpg

Its still super early, and the lighting is a bit different, but it does seem to be getting thicker, especially near the front.

I will post more updates in a few months.

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man your head and hair loss looks exactly like mine before treatment, check out my experience in this forum if u want. The good news is I have been a great responder and so you do. It was back in 2001 and about nobody was using Finasteride then. In my case, the improvement at 6 months was so obvious that the barber noticed it without me giving any info about my treatment, and told me my hair got much thicker. I think it had been one of my happiest days back then. I wish you to experience the same!

Last edited:

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you’re 38, you don’t need finasteride since your hairloss is stabilised. A hair transplant will do wonders, not that you’re in desperate need for it rn

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you’re 38, you don’t need finasteride since your hairloss is stabilised. A hair transplant will do wonders, not that you’re in desperate need for it rn

No dude it's not like that! Not because i want to contradict you, but i am 100% sure! My dad started losing hair in his late '50 for example. There is no stabilization without medication and Finasteride helps to a great extent in case of hair transplant. Without Finasteride BobDobbs looks to be prone to a quite extensive hair loss imho! Maybe not now but probably in 10 years or so.

Last edited:

bobdobbs416

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Calvino82. My grandfather on my moms side had a similar hair loss pattern in his late 30s and lost almost all his hair by his late 50s.

Man your head and hair loss looks exactly like mine before treatment, check out my experience in this forum if u want. The good news is I have been a great responder and so you do. It was back in 2001 and about nobody was using Finasteride then. In my case, the improvement at 6 months was so obvious that the barber noticed it without me giving any info about my treatment, and told me my hair got much thicker. I think it had been one of my happiest days back then. I wish you to experience the same!

Nice, that is exactly what I want to hear! I'm excited to see what happens over the next few months. I will check your post.

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a very good SMP would work great for you as well, both with short hair like this and longer, for the hairline in that case. With SMP and very short hair you will not have to wait 6 months for your result!

Last edited:

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Calvino82. My grandfather on my moms side had a similar hair loss pattern in his late 30s and lost almost all his hair by his late 50s.

That is what I mean. With such a slow hairloss, using finasteride is just taking poison. Especially at such a high dosage. It’s not needed.