1-10 How effective has finasteride been for you? Survey

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to take an overall pulse of people on finasteride at this forum. If you have taken or are currently taking finasteride how would would rate the overall success/lack of it has had on your hair. On a scale of 1-10

Sorue

Reaction score
HT55: You have got to be kidding, with results like that!

finasteride's about an 8 for me. I've been on it for 13 months, overall hair density is much better. Hairline doesn't seem to be filling in but it isn't too bad. I honestly don't know what i would do without finasteride.

ali777

Reaction score
Didn't really work for me... I didn't like the way it made me feel, so I quit :sobbing:

HT55: You look good

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Didn't really work for me... I didn't like the way it made me feel, so I quit :sobbing:

HT55: You look good
.........is there anything you're takin at the moment....did you just recently quit finasteride? and what sides did you get?

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Good thread idea, can I make a suggestion though and catorogise your marks out of 10 into

-Hairline out of 10 (Temples or whole hairline)
-Crown out of 10
-Overall out of 10

Just to be more specific and get a better idea. Just put n/a if it either the hairline or crown wasn't a problem to begin with. Because I have problems at the temples, so want to know the effectiveness at different areas of the head.

Petchsky

Reaction score
8 or 9 as it's maintained well.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd give it about a 5 overall. I have a ton more hair on top now than a year ago, but most
would considering me balding or thinning. It's almost useless for areas that have been bald for
a long time. As far as maintaining... I'm getting better not worse so there I give it a 10.

The real secret: start before you see hair loss. Once the follicle is dead it's not coming back unless
you catch it soon.

Hairline: 0
Crown: 6
Overall: 5
Maintain: 10

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think your scale is fair, its known that its good to start early and due to you not starting it gets a lower score? Not being a dick. Also your results are pretty good for the time. Wasn't it like 6 months?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorue said:
HT55: You have got to be kidding, with results like that!

finasteride's about an 8 for me. I've been on it for 13 months, overall hair density is much better. Hairline doesn't seem to be filling in but it isn't too bad. I honestly don't know what i would do without finasteride.

I am very happy but for me to give it a 10 my hair would have to be perfect and I could still use about 500 single hair FU's in my hairline.

BTW I also use Rogaine foam and Nizoral