0.5mg once a week

kypro

Reaction score
Interesting idea from a certain Andrea bout takng just one 0.5mg dutas once a week

For me, even once a week induces shedding....let alone more often than that...

However...does anyone think that one 0.5mg dutas a week is as good or better than 1mg finasteride per day?

John

CCS

Reaction score
definitely not as good as finasteride. Not unless you build up a good steady state and then maintain with once a week. Even then, I don't think the half life is long enough.

Andrea

Established Member
Reaction score
0,1 daily is perfect but I dont know how...
Veltride by Genhair is OK? My fear is that they'll send me a fake!
Sorry Coollege but I don't think that to male pattern baldness is important the steady state but only the Duta's work at periferic level
Bye

demo99

Reaction score
just take 0.5 mg two or three time a week. Why do you make it so complicate?

best regards
demo99

T

Timi

or Dayli finasteride and all 5 Days dutasteride

finasteride for a steady state

timi

CCS

Reaction score
Re: well

kypro said:
would it be better to take 0.1mg a day?

I take 1.25mg finasteride every day (should be about as good as 1mg daily), and 0.1mg of dutasteride EOD (to hopefully inhibit other varieties of 5ar. they may be slight differences in different people.)

Since I don't think 0.1mg EOD would even build up, I'm curious how much 5ar2 it even inhibits with 1 dose. I'll have to look at some trusty single dose graphs. The dutasteride is highly experimental, but costs me only $3 per month extra, whereas the finasteride costs me $11 per month. I'm also counting on the topical 5ar inhibitor curcumin, and androgen receptor blocker EGCG. Also have nizoral and spironolactone.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

collegechemistrystudent said:
Since I don't think 0.1mg EOD would even build up, I'm curious how much 5ar2 it even inhibits with 1 dose. I'll have to look at some trusty single dose graphs.

Have you studied those dutasteride graphs and charts that I've posted from the Gisleskog et al studies? One of the specific doses they used was 0.1 mg, both daily and (if I remember correctly) in single doses.

CCS

Reaction score

Bryan said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
Since I don't think 0.1mg EOD would even build up, I'm curious how much 5ar2 it even inhibits with 1 dose. I'll have to look at some trusty single dose graphs.

Have you studied those dutasteride graphs and charts that I've posted from the Gisleskog et al studies? One of the specific doses they used was 0.1 mg, both daily and (if I remember correctly) in single doses.

I think I lost that one. Did dutasteride 0.5mg every 5 days climb up? If it does, I'd like to stop taking this nasty tasting ethanol/dutasteride 0.1mg stuff with a pipette, and just take a loading dose and a pill. Would you link me to the graphs?

BTW, this guy was suggesting once per 7 days.