0.25 propecia twice a week

ABB

Reaction score
I started my regime of propecia this Tuesday evening following the plan of 0.25mg propecia on Tuesday's and Saturdays weekly. I am 22 years old and have been thinning slowly since the age of 18. I really want to give propecia 6 months at least on this regime because it would only take a little bit of thickening on my hairline and crown to be a perfect NW1 again. Nobody else notices my hairloss yet (luckily) but it is becoming more and more visible as the months go on and can look really bad in certain light.

Back to the propecia. Almost immediately (30 minutes) after taking it I felt tingles and shooting sensations around my penis and testicles. Around 3 hours after taking it I found my seamen had a more stringy consistency. The next day there was a lot less seamen and it was more watery when testing again. I had a feeling of tightness in my testicles which could easily be down to the stress of my situation and that I'm worried after reading so many bad stories about the drug.

The next day (thurs) I still felt a tight and uncomfortable feeling around my testicles. In the evening I had an intense uncomfortable feeling which became painful and resulted in me not being able to sleep till 5 in the morning (it started at around 11pm). The pain is around the testicle/right thigh/groin area (it is hard to pinpoint)

My question is has anyone else noticed these symptoms so soon after taking propecia even at such a low dose? (I know it has is about 80% same efficiency as 1mg but even so) if yes, how long did it last and did you continue or discontinue the drug?

I am aware I am very stressed about the situation and certain things I am worried about may be psychosomatic, however my biggest problem (the pain, I wouldn't mind if it was just uncomfortable) is certainly real.

Just wanted some advice as I know a lot of you are very knowledgable about these situation and it is comforting having a support group. I would talk to my GP but in the UK they seem to know nothing. I have seen three GP's about starting propecia. The first said there is no medication that helps balding and she immediately dismissed that any existed. The second said he was on 5mg finasteride a day and that only people with mental problems get sides. And the third didn't even know what propecia was and had to take out a medical book.

Any advice would be great, be kind! I know it seems ridiculous I've taken a quarter of a pill many of you have taken daily at a stronger dose for years but please just try to guide/help me nobody else seems to understand what this is like :)

Thank you

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know.
Don't want to be rude, I know you are trying give this drug a try because you want to keep your hair and that's good, but come on man 30 mins you felt 'tingles and shooting sensations around my penis and testicles' honestly unbelievable. I've read worst things though of people saying the instance they took the drug they could feel their balls shiver and dick shrinken lmao.
I just find it so harddddd to believe.

You shouldn't take propecia. Period. To have such a supposedly huge reaction to the drug, I would just nope nope nope out of there. Take minoxidil or
RU58841, read up about that stuff.
Or why don't you try saw palmetto, it wouldn't hurt.
search 'saw palmetto hair loss'
O yeah consider getting on a zinc supplement.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Time and time again people vastly underestimate the placebo effect. What you think about something can play a huge role in how you feel or what you start to think or notice even if its not real. No one can say for sure though its not real but that is the chance you take by taking any medication

ABB

Reaction score
Left if for a week to see how things get on. All pain has ceased, no uncomfortable feeling in testicles/groin etc. however there is now a problem with my erection. It gets to around the normal length however it isn't hard enough. It gets to about 75% of usual hardness. Has anyone experienced this? Did it get better?

Maybe propecia is not for me, shame as it seems to have stopped my shedding in just a week and 3 days.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know.
Don't want to be rude, I know you are trying give this drug a try because you want to keep your hair and that's good, but come on man 30 mins you felt 'tingles and shooting sensations around my penis and testicles' honestly unbelievable. I've read worst things though of people saying the instance they took the drug they could feel their balls shiver and dick shrinken lmao.
I just find it so harddddd to believe.

You shouldn't take propecia. Period. To have such a supposedly huge reaction to the drug, I would just nope nope nope out of there. Take minoxidil or
RU58841, read up about that stuff.
Or why don't you try saw palmetto, it wouldn't hurt.
search 'saw palmetto hair loss'
O yeah consider getting on a zinc supplement.

I get why it's hard to believe. Maybe I over exaggerated by saying half an hour but it was definitely by the hour and a half mark. Merck themselves state that propecia reduces dht by around 60-65% within 4 hours of taking the pill.

Not really keen on saw palmetto many people have just as bad side effects with no results in terms of keeping hair or regrowth. May try minoxidil. May just have to accept what is happening to my hair and deal with it, sucks at such a young age

scalp'hell

Reaction score
some people are very sensitive to propecia.
me even after 1 month I terrible effects.
the early days I felt not normal testicles.

pain on the side of the c***.
burn after ejaculation and evil in the groin.

0.25 works I have a friend who quit his loss with 0.25mg one day out of two.
he was 30 years his hair loss is not aggressive.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
the link does not work.

Kalio

Reaction score
As someone who started the same regime just a week and a half ago, I can also confirm the same ´tingling´ sensations just hours after taking it. I kept on having these for a couple of days (Altough especially when thinking about it) but now they seem to have gone.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
You should have been a poet :D
LOL:woot: this is my english is bad.
I am French I keep poetry for my girlfriend!^^
between fellow sufferers can have afford!

As someone who started the same regime just a week and a half ago, I can also confirm the same ´tingling´ sensations just hours after taking it. I kept on having these for a couple of days (Altough especially when thinking about it) but now they seem to have gone.

it may be transient

http://www.asiaandro.com/archive/1008-682X/5/33.htm

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score

This article doesn't prove anything. Finasteride blocks both types of DHT in rats and has a completely different structural effect on rats than it does on humans. Any publication that has to do with rats, or Dr. Irwig, automatically have to be disregarded. FDA has very strict regulations, and continues to have strict regulations. Even more so is Japan's regulations. They are one of the most strict drug regulators there are. Guess what. Japan approves finasteride for hair loss. Another thing. If you read through the FDA information. They put humans on doses up to 50+ mg of finasteride and no side effects were shown!

scalp'hell

Reaction score
lol
Side effects of finasteride exist.
they are higher than 2%.
I did experience many side effects .....

full of people have side effects.

it bothers me to have stop.yet it worked well for my hair.
(I'm thinner diffuse)