0.03 thin skin maintenance? One time application?

JacobT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve always been a lace wearer but thinking of trying thin skin. I wear my hair slicked back with an exposed hairline.... is 0.03 thin skin better for this than lace?

Also, I’ve heard 0.03 thin skin should only be used for a month and it’s only a 1 time application? I find that odd as my lace system gets maintained every 3-5 days (I have to reglue the front). Is thin skin not the same? I can’t imagine a glue that’s hold a system down for a month. I can barely get 5 days from ghost bond using lace

thanks in advance

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good evening, I'm french sorry for my english, I use google trad, I am 19 years old and I suffer from hair loss, it eats my life and I turn to the capillary system. It bothers you if I tell you, I have a few questions ^^

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Jacob,
I´m from Germany and here also they sell you a so called "one time" thin skin unit.
It is absolutely no problem to wear it for at least 3 months if you do maintenance by your own.
The problem afterward is that the base breaks because its thin, with the hair you will no have any problem

JacobT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you Smoka

my stylist mentioned it’s a 1 time application for a month? Meaning you glue it on and leave it for an entire month... I don’t see how that’s possible given I can’t even get a week out of my lace system without having to clean it.
Are people taking off, cleaning, and reapplying the UTS units?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people use them 1-off, and easier for your stylist to sell you on that, nice money for them.

We basically tell our clients to expect them to last 1-2 months, and you can certainly remove them, clean them and re-apply.

One month is a long time to wear a system that does not allow sweat to easily escape.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My UTS lasts 2 to 3 months in a "perfect" condition and then it degrades gradually over time. I can get a reasonable 5 to 6 months life from each system, but the hairline suffers and you HAVE to learn to maintain this yourself by cutting away at excess skin when the hairline sheds.

In current (Covid) situation my hair system is now 7 months old and there is no sign of new systems arriving. It seems that the supplier has serious supply-chain issues and they have no idea where my new system is (that I ordered back in July 2020!). So I am having to stretch the life of this unit much more, but these are now becoming desperate times.

As for the hold: I remove and re-apply the system every 7 to 10 days on average. I also have an exposed hairline (you can see my pics on this forum) - but it is the greatest challenge and I wouldn't recommend it because you'll probably need to touch it up every 2 or 3 days.

JacobT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses
Every 2-3 days isn’t an issue for me as I pretty much do that with my lace unit when it begins building up a black dirt line right at the hairline. I’m not sure why my stylist was saying it’s a 1 time application and you leave it for a month.... It seems obvious that you must maintain it during that month.
I’ll try it out

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses
Every 2-3 days isn’t an issue for me as I pretty much do that with my lace unit when it begins building up a black dirt line right at the hairline. I’m not sure why my stylist was saying it’s a 1 time application and you leave it for a month.... It seems obvious that you must maintain it during that month.
I’ll try it out
Stylist wants you to overuse it, ruin it, and sell you another. Simple

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve always been a lace wearer but thinking of trying thin skin. I wear my hair slicked back with an exposed hairline.... is 0.03 thin skin better for this than lace?

Also, I’ve heard 0.03 thin skin should only be used for a month and it’s only a 1 time application? I find that odd as my lace system gets maintained every 3-5 days (I have to reglue the front). Is thin skin not the same? I can’t imagine a glue that’s hold a system down for a month. I can barely get 5 days from ghost bond using lace

thanks in advance
No, I think lace is substantially more realistic, particularily when dark hair is in question.

With lace you can cut the base into whatever shape you want, bleach the knots &, most important, tweeze the hairline.

UTS, which I find amazingly uncomfortable, provides no advantages to lacce other than cleanup is easier, and adhesive can't seep up into the hair through holes in the base.