0.03 thin skin lifespan and a comment from Jake Kent

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw this comment from Jake Kent on Reddit regarding lifespan of ultra thin poly unit. He said "to be honest, i can get way more than 2 months out of a .03 poly. now that im exploring color the hair to get it back to its natural color, i feel i could make them last 4-5 months at least if i had to".
I think it is such a bold statement. My 0.08 poly can but 0.02-0.03 poly should not and cannot last 4 months... Anyone can confirm this ? Maybe he has a way to make it last that long ?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw this comment from Jake Kent on Reddit regarding lifespan of ultra thin poly unit. He said "to be honest, i can get way more than 2 months out of a .03 poly. now that im exploring color the hair to get it back to its natural color, i feel i could make them last 4-5 months at least if i had to".
I think it is such a bold statement. My 0.08 poly can but 0.02-0.03 poly should not and cannot last 4 months... Anyone can confirm this ? Maybe he has a way to make it last that long ?
The best advice, I can give you, is don't take advice from Jake Kent.

You can drive a vehicle 30k miles without changing the oil...and 100k on bald tires...You can live forever, without showering.... doesn't mean it's wise..

One must identify what the desired outcome is, wearing hair.

I'm confident I can speak for all of us....that everyone's goal is to have the best looking, most undetectable system possible.....

If a change in routine does not make a positive impact toward that goal, then it's a waste of time, pointless, and likely detrimental.

Hair systems are not wine, nor cheese. They go downhill as they age....

Last edited:

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your wise words TooBad. And I totally agree with everything you said. Not sure why Jake Kent is quite popular even when he keeps giving out wrong information everywhere.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's probably just saying that to encourage to not hesitate & buy.

In case you haven't noticed, that dude isn't very bright & says a lot of nonsense

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have often written here that my UTS lasts 5 months but that only the first 1.5 to 2 months are perfect, then you will see a gradual degradation in quality of the hair and - more noticeably - in the UTS base itself. I have learned how to stretch the lifespan to 5 months but in reality 4 months should be the limit.

As the guys above say, it's about consistency and that is quickly lost after 3 months or so.

I am trying to move to a 3 systems/year model but it's difficult with the delays for custom systems.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean technically you can use it beyond 1-2 months but it's just going to lose its quality and natural look. Odd thing for him to say