Recent content by Yarkira

  1. Y

    The Truth About Testosterone And Hairloss

    Honestly, total testosterone isn't the main culprit. It's how much converts to DHT and how sensitive your scalp follicles are to it. Low T or thyroid swings (like high TSH) can trigger diffuse shedding through stress on the body, but boosting T won't stop genetic balding. That's why OTC test...
  2. Y

    My First 2 Weeks With A System In The Construction Industry

    Fair play for trying, but building sites and hair systems are an absolute nightmare combination! Between the hard hats, constant sweat, and dust, the glue never stood a chance. I spent way too long reading through Luvme Hair reviews thinking about trying one of those pre-glued setups for...
  3. Y

    Does DHT makes your skin older?

    Honestly, DHT gets blamed for everything, but the whole aging thing is kind of a mix. Higher DHT usually just means super oily skin, clogged pores, and breakouts, which definitely messes with your skin and makes your face look tired or dull. As for actual wrinkles or sagging, though, that's...
  4. Y

    Your thoughts on wearing a WIG... Is it enough to satisfy your hair loss situation?

    Honestly, moving to wigs completely changed the game for my peace of mind. Once you stop treating it like a big secret and just treat it like an accessory, it’s so freeing to just pop one on and go without staring at the mirror, stressing over thin spots. The tech has come such a long way, too...
  5. Y

    My Story, Finasteride And Sex Drive

    I’d be careful about assuming it’s definitely the finasteride, since sleep, stress, anxiety, and a bunch of other things can affect libido too. If you’re really noticing a consistent change, I’d talk with your doctor before stopping or changing anything. I’ve also seen BlueChew reviews come up...
  6. Y

    360 Glueless Wigs: Good Choice for Hair Loss

    I should say, the drawstring feature totally saved me since I’m way too lazy for glue and melting lace. Being able to just throw it up in a messy high ponytail and run out the door without looking back is a lifesaver.
  7. Y

    Glueless Wigs: The Ultimate Solution for Effortless Beauty

    Honestly, I get the hype around glueless wigs. Not having to mess with glue every time sounds so much easier, especially if you’re wearing wigs regularly. Being able to just put it on and go is definitely a plus.
  8. Y

    Correlation Between Lifting Weights And Hair Loss

    I don’t think regular weight training causes male-pattern hair loss. If you’re genetically predisposed, that’s mainly down to your genetics and hormones rather than doing curls or push-ups. Three hours every other day is a pretty long workout, though, so make sure you’re eating enough and giving...
  9. Y

    Everyone, List Your Hair Supplements/regimen Here.

    Core Treatments: - Finasteride: 1mg daily (the absolute backbone of the stack, maintained everything for 2+ years now). - Minoxidil: 5% liquid foam, once a day at night before bed (mostly for crown density). - Nizoral (Ketoconazole 2%): 2x a week to keep scalp inflammation and dandruff down...
  10. Y

    Has Exercise(cardio & Muscle Training) Affected Your Hair/hairloss In Any Way?

    No change at all for me, good or bad. I’ve been doing moderate cardio for about 3 years now, and added finasteride (1mg/day) almost two years ago.
  11. Y

    How important is diet? Could a change improve anything?

    I think diet can definitely play a role, especially when you’re not getting enough protein, vitamins, or other nutrients. I wouldn’t expect a diet change to magically fix hair loss, but eating better overall can’t hurt. I came across this primal diet meal plan...
  12. Y

    Do Peoples Sleep Habits Have Anything To Do With Hairloss? (male Pattern Baldness)

    Sleep itself doesn't cause genetic Male Pattern Baldness. That's almost entirely driven by DHT sensitivity and your genetics. However, chronic poor sleep and staying up until 2 AM definitely spikes cortisol (stress hormone), which can cause diffuse shedding. So while being a night owl won't turn...
  13. Y

    Hair Loss, Discoloration, Flaky Skin...

    The combination of redness, oily scalp, flaky forehead skin, and accelerating hair loss strongly sounds like seborrheic dermatitis, which can also worsen shedding. Good on you for getting thyroid work done first. Outside of medical treatments, focusing on overall health and lifestyle...
  14. Y

    Re Cost Of Hair System Plus Maintenance In London

    The £3.5k budget is actually fairly generous for London if you learn to do basic maintenance yourself! £900 per system is high-end, though. Oonce you get comfortable, you can cut that hardware cost in half by ordering units online and just booking a solid local stylist for the cut-ins. Two...
Top