Recent content by bsmith

  1. bsmith

    Visible red light enhances physiological anagen entry in vivo

    Cool avatar. I used to live near him.
  2. bsmith

    Am i cooked?

    No, it did nothing. I still have a Norwood 2.5 hairline. All the hair that I permanently lost is gone.
  3. bsmith

    Everyone, List Your Hair Supplements/regimen Here.

    I only use a topical formula. I don't think it's the best, and I'm not going to advertise it here. I use topical Finasteride, Minoxodil, Retinol, and Progesterone in the same mixture. Here are the percentages. Please note that Weight/Volume (w/v) in the United States means 1gram/100...
  4. bsmith

    am i receding?

    Go to a dermatologist, which is a doctor that specializes in skin care. Ask them to test your scalp hair for androgen alopecia. Don't waste money for things that are unknown. Everybody has natural shedding (scalp hair). There is nothing abnormal about that. Nobody here is qualified to...
  5. bsmith

    am i receding?

    I think you're going to mess up your body with estrogen. I would recommend staying away from it. It's alright to take a small amount of topical Progesterone to stop baldness. I take that 0.25% w/v. It has definitely helped my hair. Do not take estrogen. You will get feminine side effects such...
  6. bsmith

    Oral minoxidil reliable source from Europe?

    Topical Minoxidil is just as good. If you are balding from androgen alopecia, and you combine it with Finasteride (Propecia), you definitely will get good results.
  7. bsmith

    Am i cooked?

    Your hair regrowth is impressive. You were a Norwood five/six. In fact it's f*****g incredible. That said, before treatment you did have a smaller percentage of terminal (growing) hair that wasn't scarred over. Before any treatment, your hairline and vertex probably had around 10-20% of...
  8. bsmith

    Am i cooked?

    A person that has permanent hair loss from androgen alopecia cannot regain their hair. I know this is true, because some of my older transgender friends (male to female) have this issue. I used topical estrogen for my hair loss at one point. I quit doing that because the doctor's told me it was...
  9. bsmith

    Am i cooked?

    Are you transgender? I am just wondering because you are using Spirolactane, which reduces testosterone levels in men. I am sure the formula you are using is working for your hair, but it is extreme for androgen alopecia. Usually Finasteride is the only thing needed, and only one milligram...
  10. bsmith

    The effects of Testosterone on head hair?

    Testosterone does not hurt hair. Only DHT does. A man who has no DHT, but a lot of testosterone will never have androgen alopecia. That doesn't mean he won't lose hair due to aging, or other health issues.
  11. bsmith

    Am i cooked?

    What studies?
  12. bsmith

    am i receding?

    Our bodies just produce a lot of DHT during puberty, but that goes down after that. It is possible that had a temporary effect on your hairline. You're not delusional. Asking questions is a sign of intelligence. The truth is you know your own hair better than anybody else. Let me explain. You...
  13. bsmith

    am i receding?

    I'm not sure I really understand what their concern is. Is it taking hormones, or being binary? It's your life. Do whatever makes you happy.
  14. bsmith

    am i receding?

    It's rare for someone to lose a lot of hair from androgen alopecia at a young age, although it does occur, it's probably less than ten percent of men. The only thing that really stops it is anti DHT medications such as Finasteride. I would really have reservations about taking anything...
  15. bsmith

    am i receding?

    Your parents are assholes. I would never tell my kids what to do with their appearance. Tell them it's your appearance, and it's none of their business. I'm not as nice, I because if they were my parents, I would tell them to go f*ck themselves. Some people shouldn't have kids. You should...
Top