Dr. Rahal, 2597 grafts in the crown. My 2nd hair transplant - May 09 2011

KIethLorane

Reaction score
I can say its very good but still use a little concealer to make it perfect. I also had bald temples so needed grafts there too otherwise I would have had a perfect new crown.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks very good!

The thing that suprises me: The result of your first hair transplant looked similar to the one now. Why did your hair in the Pre-OP pics of hair transplant 2 look so much thinner?

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Great result! Seems like you never had any hairloss at all. Your hairloss type was not so bad and ideal for transplant. Your hairline was intact and overall thickness was good except the crown, so the filling was easy.. But shame that scar seems quite visible on shorter length.

Cheers Travis. But if I would have had a choice I would rather have lost my hairline than crown. I think hairlines are easier to replace and need far less grafts than crowns.

I think it is shock loss which you can see in some scar pics which is quite common and returns when the scar has healed.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
KIethLorane said:
I can say its very good but still use a little concealer to make it perfect. I also had bald temples so needed grafts there too otherwise I would have had a perfect new crown.

I think I will wait until it has fully grown out to see if I need concealer. But I don't think I'll use it because I never have.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
Looks very good!

The thing that suprises me: The result of your first hair transplant looked similar to the one now. Why did your hair in the Pre-OP pics of hair transplant 2 look so much thinner?

Cheers pal. If you look at the pre ops from 2008 you will see I still had some native hair in my crown. I have now lost this which is why it looks thinner. But I wanted to go further down the back of my crown and add density anyway.

The result from my first hair transplant produced what most people get from hair transplants - "the illusion of density". Which is why at this length and in certain light my hair looks the same as 16 month post op hair transplant 1.

But I couldn't buzz it down to a 3 on top after my first hair transplant because there was no layering effect and the "illusion of density" was gone. To buzz hair transplant hair to a 3 you need high density like I have now. Of course I am fortunate to be a candidate for this because not everyone is.

Hope this helps explain hair transplants a bit more.

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
Epic results mate, I'd love to get a hair transplant but way out of my price range without paying it off over the next 5 years or more!!

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 12 months post op now and just have a few more months until it fully matures. I am keeping it very short until then and these pics are one week out from a buzz cut number 3 all over. I am thrilled with how it looks.

12months018.jpg

12months013.jpg

12months010.jpg

12months009-1.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Rahal always does a fantastic job. I am amazed that you have such large area loss in the crown but it looks like your hairline never got affected. Has your hairline suffered at all?

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
CarlCounts said:
Great results!! Im going to Dr Rahal Sept 19th so im happy to see results like this.
Congrats!

Cheers. Of course I'm biased but you have made a great choice.

DoctorHouse said:
Rahal always does a fantastic job. I am amazed that you have such large area loss in the crown but it looks like your hairline never got affected. Has your hairline suffered at all?

My hairline matured from juvenile to a Norwood 2 when I was about 19yo and has been the same ever since. Now I am nearly 33yo.

I am pretty sure that only my crown is going to be affected by the male pattern baldness gene and my hairline will be the same as my Father and older Brother. But of course only time will tell.