ZMA While on Propecia to Reduce Side Effects?

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hearing zinc magnesium and vitamin B helps with keeping healthy hormone levels. Seems like this would be the ideal supplement then when on propecia. Thoughts? Does it decrease estrogen as well as raise testosterone?

Picture 5.jpg

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
When i take finasteride alone I get testicle pain, restless limbs.
When I take finasteride with a multivitamin which has all those things you've mentioned I get zero sides.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't really have side effects on the drug anyway, but I hear ZMA can up test and lower E. You only have to take a couple capsules before bed too on an empty stomach so really easy. Just wanted to know more about it as I heard Zinc, Magnesium, and B vitamins are good for hair and if it ups test and lowers E I don't see how it wouldn't be the ultimate supplement to stack with a hair loss regimen.

A

andrew lincoln

When i take finasteride alone I get testicle pain, restless limbs.
When I take finasteride with a multivitamin which has all those things you've mentioned I get zero sides.

Wow I have never heard that a multivitamin could take a way the ball pain.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried it and my dreams were way too vivid I got horrible restless sleep (because I kept waking up thinking they were real!).

The dreams were good dreams (in one dream I saved a school from a gun man, haha!) but it was too much.

It's also really expensive for what it is.

The sides are not always caused by too much oestrogen. They could simply be caused by too little DHT (and whatever else needs 5ar).

My sides went when I stopped for 10 days, then gradually build up from 0.25 to 0.5 then back to 1mg. It's been over 3 months and I have not had any sides.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
don't know how much ZMA costs, but I take the three supps separately - vit B complex, zinc and magnesium - they're pretty cheap

Probaby beneficial things to take regardless of whether you're on finasteride or not. Although there is a school of thought that claims vitamin supplements are a con and do absolutely nothing

Fanjeera

Reaction score
ZMA has Mg-aspartate, which is the only really absorbable form of Mg. That's why it's the only supplement with which you can see an effect (vivid dreams) and that's an indication that you're normally lacking the mineral. I suggest it to everybody, but only quitting finasteride can help with the side effects it's giving you (perhaps aromatase inhibitor too).

Petchsky

Reaction score
Never used ZMA, but I have used Zinc and my libido increased from using that. Working out with weights increaes my libido too

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
ZMA supplement does give vivid dreams and sleep that feels is not that deep. It is hard to describe. If you use, I would suggest use it in smaller doses by cutting the pill. It is better to take Zinc supplement which would be less expensive, and Zinc also increase semen/sperm count and libido. But, I have found that Zinc normal dosage pill makes me slow and lethargic and cant workout that well. So, tinker around dosage frequently. If you routinely take a certain dose, it becomes not so effective and then you just not take few days or change the dose; you will see your body reacting well to it again. It is sort of "shock" therapy to the body.