Zix solvent help - Can Smirnoff Vodka ( 42.8 %) suffice ?

live-for-hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am planning to start Zix as I have lost some ground in my crown area ( and a little bit in the hairline ).
I am already on fortified Min -> Min 5% + Azelaic Acid + Caffeine + Rosemary Oil + Peppermint Oil + Tea Tree Oil + Vitamin B5. I don't take finasteride
I saw some good regrowth initially but with the change of place ( dry weather ) and alternate-day usage of Ketoconazole shampoo I have lost more hairs recently.
Also, as per my understanding Tea Tree Oil has also caused increased shedding and acne on my forehead. I will be removing Tea Tree oil from next month's Min solution

I understand that we should use 15ml of 70% Ethanol ( Ethyl Alcohol ) and 45 ml distilled water as solvent from the main Zix link.

15 ml of 70% Ethanol means it has 10.5ml of 100% Ethanol and the remaining 4.5ml water. So in total, we have 10.5 ml ethanol and 49.5 ml water in 60 ml solution. This makes the alcohol concentration 17.5% ( 10.5/60 * 100 ).

I am not able to get high-quality Ethanol in my area. Most of them are cheap quality and denatured ones. In order to denature, people add some chemicals which make it unfit for human consumption which is fine but at the same time, those additives are harmful in due course of time. For example, benzene is added to Ethanol for denaturing purposes and it is harmful to the skin in long run.

I am planning to use Smirnoff Vodka which is 42.8% pure alcohol ( ethanol ). In order to reach 21.21% of ethanol, we can use 25 ml of 42.8% of Smirnoff Vodka which has 10.7 ml of pure 100% ethanol and 14.3ml of water and dilute it with 35 ml of distilled water to get a 60 ml solution of 10.7ml of 100% ethanol in 49.3 ml of distilled water. This gives me a 17.83% concentration ( 10.7/60 * 100 ) of ethanol.

Can someone please confirm if my calculation seems to be correct?

Any help in this regard would be great