Zinc, saw palmetto, olive extract, tomato extract

rcom440

Reaction score
I went to local CVS this morning and I came across a new product called DHT inhibitor or something like that. Label stated: Zinc, saw palmetto, olive extract, tomato extract and some other things. I will give it a shot. It's only $26.

What do you guys think about zinc, saw palmetto, olive extract combo?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am taking zinc supplements,saw palmetto+pumpkin seed extract,Biotin-10mg,Vitamin B supplements and cod liver oil capsule daily.Saw Palmetto was used by the mayans to treat prostate problems and has the potential to reverse hairloss.I have been taking saw palmetto for 10 days now and haven't noticed any change with respect to my hairline.Obviously I have to try it for 6 months to see any noticeable changes but my skin has certainly become a lot better since I started this regimen.If it doesn't do any good after six months,I am going to jump to finasteride.

Certainly worth it.The Saw Palmetto pills that I bought were worth 70$ and there are totally 300 pills in them containers.I buy Zinc,biotin and vitamin supplements separately.If you are in the 20s and have a norwood 2-3,it might work but if you are 30+ it wont be as effective as you would want it to be.BTW good luck!!!

rcom440

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
I am taking zinc supplements,saw palmetto+pumpkin seed extract,Biotin-10mg,Vitamin B supplements and cod liver oil capsule daily.Saw Palmetto was used by the mayans to treat prostate problems and has the potential to reverse hairloss.I have been taking saw palmetto for 10 days now and haven't noticed any change with respect to my hairline.Obviously I have to try it for 6 months to see any noticeable changes but my skin has certainly become a lot better since I started this regimen.If it doesn't do any good after six months,I am going to jump to finasteride.

Certainly worth it.The Saw Palmetto pills that I bought were worth 70$ and there are totally 300 pills in them containers.I buy Zinc,biotin and vitamin supplements separately.If you are in the 20s and have a norwood 2-3,it might work but if you are 30+ it wont be as effective as you would want it to be.BTW good luck!!!

only 10 days?? :)) No wonder you don't see any change.
The product I'm talking about it a topical.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My bad...Zinc and saw palmetto are both known to inhibit DHT.The other two might add shine and strength to your hair.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds ok. i wouldn't expect any regrowth though, just maintenance, which is success in itself. good luck.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
I went to local CVS this morning and I came across a new product called DHT inhibitor or something like that. Label stated: Zinc, saw palmetto, olive extract, tomato extract and some other things. I will give it a shot. It's only $26.

Topical saw palmetto sounds interesting. Could you be more specific on the name of the product?

rcom440

Reaction score
Todd said:
rcom440 said:

Topical saw palmetto sounds interesting. Could you be more specific on the name of the product?

yeah I will stop by that CVS on my lunch break and let you know more details

rcom440

Reaction score
ok. It's called Nu Hair DHT blocker. It's "sponsored" by Revivogen.
It's a pill form, not topical, my bad.

Hair Growth Ingredients: DHT Blocker Proprietary Blend - Phytosterol Complex (Soy), Saw Palmetto Extract (Serenoa repens) (berry), Pumpkin Extract (Cucurbita moschata) (seed), Quercetin; He Shou Wu (Fo-ti) 12:1 Powdered Extract (Polygonum multiflorum) (root)
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Cellulose Gum, Silica, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylcellulose, Glycerin
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Cellulose Gum, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylcellulose, Cornstarch Glycerin.

Reaction score
Sounds alright as part of a regimen. I'm take a supp with magnesium and zinc and my libido has certainly improved, I think it's from the zinc

rcom440

Reaction score
Leon S Habsburg said:
Sounds alright as part of a regimen. I'm take a supp with magnesium and zinc and my libido has certainly improved, I think it's from the zinc

I'm not a fan of taking pills for a hair loss so I think I will skip Nu Hair DHT blocker.
I thought it was topical.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't get what's with this zinc supplementation... it's never been shown to grow hair, plus excess zinc is linked to cancer.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hasn't been show to grow hair, no, but has been shown to reduce shedding.

rcom440

Reaction score
Todd said:
Hasn't been show to grow hair, no, but has been shown to reduce shedding.

To clarify your answer, Zinc have been shown to block the conversion of male hormones, such as testosterone, into DHT.

The same as saw palmetto.