zinc deficiency increase hair loss

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew that if one has a Zinc deficiency it will increase hair loss. Though I have male pattern baldness and am currently a Norwood 2 diffusing into a NW6, I have had a lot of hair loss lately. I have white spots on my finger nails and was told that is a sign of a Zinc deficiency. I unforchintly had to stop propecia this past February after having two cases of prostitutes while on the medication. I wish I could go back on propecia but my Doctors will not proscribe it to me anymore due to my two infections. Could a Zinc deficiency cause one to be more settable to prostate infections? I do have other sings of Zinc loss but was wondering if anyone could help me understand this better.

Cheers

buzzmenot

Established Member
Reaction score
camobear, ask your Doctor for a second opinion. you risk a hyperandrowhatever response if u were on it for a few months and loose your hair rapidly. I've had prostatitis while on propecia too, but that's by another cause. It's cured now after 2 weeks on cipro. I had to convince my Doctor I needed propecia badly before he decided it was alright to stay on it.

some docs you meet either believe propecia doesn't work or hair is not important. it's your call.