Zinc deficiency caused my hairloss?

Cwells

Reaction score
Hey guys something weird has happened this past week and i can't really figure out what the answer is and I'm curious to see if maybe one of you guys would. About 9 days ago i was in my local vitamin store and for years now I've always for some reason thought i was zinc deficient, not because of any symptoms but because i don't eat foods that contain it as a matter of fact i don't eat many foods that contain vitamins, my diet consists of italian food and american food and cold cuts and i rarely eat red meat and i never ever in my life have eaten fish. Any how i decided to pick up a zinc self test long story short it ended up from the directions that i was provided with the test that i had zero zinc in my system. Started to take zinc pills and eat a lot of dark chocolate, since then my hair that was once brittle and coarse is now EXTREMELY soft (feels like how it was when i was in high school), another thing is for 6 days now i get no hair falling out, i used to take a shower and have 40 to 50 hairs fall out for months (6) and now I get MAYBE 4 or 5 also when i brushed my hair over the sink i would get easily 20 hairs in the sink now same thing i get maybe 4 or 5 if that, sometimes i get none... So what gives ? do you guys think that zinc deficiency caused my hair loss? i know hairloss and hair thinning is a big symptom of zinc deficiency or is this just some sort of coincidence?. your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. BTW the only hairloss product i use it rogaine foam.

GeorgeMichaelHair

Reaction score
There's much people that does not care about a healthy diet while having a full head of hairs no matter what they eat or consume.

Cwells

Reaction score
GeorgeMichaelHair said:
There's much people that does not care about a healthy diet while having a full head of hairs no matter what they eat or consume.

This is true, but that wasn't the point of the post. If you read, I am zinc deficient and since taking zinc I have not been experiencing hairloss, and my hair is a lot more healthy looking and feeling.. Thanks anyway.

Cwells

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
That's good. Keep us updated how it goes. I started Zinc 2 days ago.

i deff will, since taking it its been about 13 days now where i barley get any hairs in the shower or from brushing, i would assume taking zinc would not be like any hairloss treatment where you have to wait and see if its working because its a supplement your body needs and if you don't have any I'm assuming it would kick in pretty fast, thats why I'm pretty confident in saying its defiantly working because i was/am zinc deficient ..

Are you zinc deficient optimus ?