Zinc and B6 Complex

lmdavies

Reaction score
Hi, I read somewhere that the combination of Zinc and vitamin B6 acts as a DHT inhibitor! Is this true or does these compounds need to be applied topically?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lmdavies said:
Hi, I read somewhere that the combination of Zinc and vitamin B6 acts as a DHT inhibitor! Is this true or does these compounds need to be applied topically?
I am not really sure if it does orally, but I have heard it does topically. If you know of any "ZIX" users, ya might want to ask them. :)

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is what I think. Remember that supplement that came out a long time ago called "chromium picolinate"? I hate to call it a "supplement" because it is a mineral that we all need anyways. But anyway, it was supposed to help us shed fat and build muscle. Well it like many other vitamins and minerals and other vital nutrients we are deficient in. We are a nutrient starved nation and we get way too much sh*t we don't need, which that within itself deplets the body even more. The western diet sucks when it comes to health. So when you actually get the nutrients the body needs to work right, you think that you have found a cure or perhaps good treatment for many things because you feel better and everything starts to look better too.
When it comes to genetically predisposed diseases, lack of good nutrition and that includes vitamis and minerals and all that, the disease will happen sooner in ones life and at a quicker rate too. So, taking in what the body needs will help keep the genetically predisposed disease away for a while, slow it down, and help keep the disease from getting too bad. Now, I am not calling male pattern baldness a disease but it is a genetically predisposed condition. But that is the catch................taking in what the body needs. Doing that is hard within itself. Basically just popping a multi vitamin/mineral tablet won't do it. Anyone that is interested in "giving the body what it needs" is gonna find out it is not easy.
So, I think that taking zinc orally would be beneficial for male pattern baldness due to the fact that many men are deficient in zinc anyways. So if you start taking zinc orally, you are getting the right amount, and you start to notice that your hair is improving, then good, you were probably deficient anyways.
I read somewhere that even though zinc levels were good in serum blood, the skin lacked zinc in some people. Thats interesting. Makes you wonder why these people had very low zinc levels in their skin, despite the fact that their blood levels were rich with zinc. I think that is where topical would come in handy. Maybe there is a reason why their skin wasn't receiving the right amount.
So yes, take your zinc. Make sure that you are getting around 30 mgs a day. DO NOT go over 100 mgs...........it'll have the opposite effect. :)

lmdavies

Reaction score
Thanks Dice for that detailed response. I'll stick with the supplements. I also heard that sexually active men (i.e. too much w*nking and shagging) lose zinc in their semen.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lmdavies said:
Thanks Dice for that detailed response. I'll stick with the supplements. I also heard that sexually active men (i.e. too much w*nking and shagging) lose zinc in their semen.
I've heard the same. Thats kinda scary to me cause I ejaculate 2 times a day..................................sometimes more :shock: :freaked: :hairy: I almost swear that I am sploodging out knee cartilage by the end of the day. Sometimes I do feel a little "weak in the knees." :wink: :lol:

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh yes and for every 10 mgs. of zinc you take in, you need 1 mg of copper. So if you are taking in roughly around 30 mgs. of zinc a day, then you will need roughly 3 mgs. of copper a day. Take the zinc and copper separately. You could take copper of a morning and zinc of a night. Do not take any mineral with fiberous foods. They will bind with the fiber and you'll sh*t it out. Take the minerals separately from fiber. Do not take zinc with calcium at the same time. If you want to take zinc with anything, take it with magnesium, they help each other. And that is about all I have to say for now. :)

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
davejeni said:
i take a centruma day & it has 5mg zinc is that not enough
I don't think so. Do me a favor and list whatever vitamins and minerals are in that centrum. I'm curious. :)

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
davejeni said:
i have lost the box & am out but i know its complete from a to zinc
Okay, like I said before, the multi vita/min. alot of times is not the way to go. Alot of the minerals will compromise each other since they are taken together in the same tablet. :wink:

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Davejeni, does this look familiar to you? :

Vitamins
Vitamin A (Vitamin A acetate) 1000 IU
Beta-Carotene (a source of vitamin A) 2000 IU
Vitamin E (dl-tocophery acetate) 60 IU
Vitamin C 120 mg
Folic Acid 0.6 mg
Vitamin B1 (thiamin mononitrate) 4.5 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 5.1 mg
Niacinamide (niacin) 15 mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 6 mg
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamine) 20 mg
Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) 400 IU
Biotin 40 mcg
Pantothenic Acid (calcium pantothenate) 10 mg
Minerals
Calcium 162 mg
Phosphorus (calcium phosphate) 125 mg
Iodine (potassium iodide) 0.15 mg
Iron (ferrous fumerate) 8 mg
Magnesium (magnesium oxide) 50 mg
Copper (cupric oxide) 1.4 mg
Manganese (manganese sulfate) 4 mg
Potassium (potassium chloride) 80 mg
Chlorine 72 mg
Chromium (chromium chloride) 25 mcg
Molybdenum (sodium molybdate) 50 mcg
Selenium (sodium selenate) 55 mcg
Zinc (zinc oxide) 10 mcg
Nickel (nickel sulfate) 5 mcg
Tin (stannous chloride) 10 mcg
Vanadium (sodium metavanadate) 10 mcg
Silicon (sodium metasilicate) 10 mcg
Other Ingredients
Ginseng Root (Panax Ginseng, Standardized Extract) 50 mg

lmdavies

Reaction score
I have had problems getting hold of the following for the 'Zix' potion..

1 x 220mg Zinc Sulphate capsule (containing of 50mg Zinc element)

6 x 20mg Vitamin B6 pyridoxal-5-phosphate

The reason for this is because I live in the UK. However I do have the following quality supplements to hand:

Zinc Complex capsule containing 15mg Zinc PICOLINATE

Vitamin B Complex containing 50mg B6 pyridoxal-5-phosphate

I have read that Zinc sulphate is poorly absorbed and picolinate is the best. Will 4 x 15mg zinc picolinatecapsules do the same job as 50mg Zinc element for the purpose of this potion?

Also should it be ok just adding the b complex capsule which contains the essential B6 p-5-p?