Zb00st's Story (age 22)

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed hairloss around my 19th birthday. Great present...
I was in denial for a few months before that, when it got obvious - a balding spot in the middle right before my hairline. My family history of male pattern baldness is strong so not much suprise here. I have always had a high forehead, but my hairline was thick back there. I started to read about Androgenetic Alopecia and jumped on finasteride in July. It wasn't that bad, my hair still looked decent and thought I could maintain with finasteride.

Well, things doesn't seem to happen as you think they will. Around the 4th month I noticed hairline and temples thining and receeding. That thining spot in the middle behind the hairline started to get bigger and bigger. So basicly I progressed from NW2 to Norwood 2.5-3 in a few months. Thats what fincar gave me. My hair at the back is still ok and thick but front is a mess. From 1.5 months I'm on the Big 3. Maybe I will go on avodart also, as this finasteride doesn't appear to help. I plan to do bloodwork in the next week.
So I will write and post pics when I see something positive going on finally...
Keep your fingers crossed for me guys ;)

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zb00st's Story (age 20)

Well hello again. It is time for update. I am glad to tell the good news and to thank everyone on this board for the information they are bringing here. I've been on proscar for 5 months and on minoxidil for 4 months and have great results. My hair on the front and temples regrew thicker and darker and now is almost like the rest of the scalp. When I look at my pictures back 2 years ago I realize I've started loosing since then. It just looks worse than now. Thanks to the BIG 3 I'm very happy and satisfied... I hope to achieve some more regrowth and will be very glad to preserve and keep even the current state.
My advice to all, keep your regimen, don't rush for results. I was desperate and emotional wreck sometimes but kept going and sticked to my regimen. Now I see the good results.

heynow1234

Established Member
Reaction score

awesome update man, i went through the same thing at the 3 month part, the hair getting worse and stuff, but now I am at about 5 months and things seem to be getting better, or at least stabalizing, dont think my hair has changed in the last month or so. So I think just trying not to freak out and stay the course is the way to go.

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score

Here we go. Almost all pics were taken after bath and hair was dry.

7/2008 - Baseline. Thining at front, temples and sides. Started finasteride.
12/2008 - Shedding. Added Nizoral 2% keto to the regimen.
1/2009 - Lots of shedding. Scariest pic. I added minoxidil 5% and the picture was taken with minoxidil applied to the hair so you can see how thin it is at the front.
Kept going.
3/2009 - Results are coming. Hair little wet.
6/2009 - With flash.
6/2009 - 11 months finasteride and more than 4 months minoxidil.
6/2009 - Without flash.

I can only say 2 years ago my hair wasn't that good as now.

My regimen now is just the Big 3. Now I'm taking Proscar 1mg ED, minoxidil usually twice a day 1ml per application. Sometimes a go with once a day or even skip a day so my scalp takes a brake because I get some rashes sometimes from PPG. Nizoral 2% every second or third day. I was taking Fish oil and multivitamins, saw palmetto also. I was also doing SE for a month or two. I think that you have to prepare your body for the meds in order to have best effect. So I go in for sports in the summer, don't drink and smoke much. If you have questions, ask here.

I hope to maintain that what I regrew from now on. So guys wish me luck...

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zb00st's Story (age 20) (UPDATE)

Get this bad boy to the success story boards NOAW!

Awesome results man. You said you have been on Proscar for 5 months (edit: just saw your last pic says finasteride 11 months, guessing you were on propecia than switched to proscar for costs yeah?), but your baseline is from July last year when you started it isn't it? That is almost a year?
Looks like when you threw in minoxidil is when you really started to see some results, I'm like you at the start, only currently on finasteride and it seems to be making my hairline progressive worse. Worth riding it out like you say though.

Did you ever notice any white hairs after starting on finasteride? I thought I could see one or see in your lastest pic. I am your age and ever since starting finasteride I have seen white hairs cropping up occasionally which is really weird, it may just be my diet, but I thought it was worth asking.

Thanks for the update dude, keep it up!

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
I use liquid minoxidil. I also spike my hair up sometimes, but now I got haircut and it is too short. I'll see for a pic and post it later.

Tyler_Durden said:

Yes you are right about finasteride. I was on Fincar when I started july. I thought I could go on only with finasteride and let it work for almost 6 months. My hairline started to look worse, sheddings and thin hair and I just couldn't go on like this anymore. I couldn't look myself in the mirror. December I switched to Proscar and decided it is time for minoxidil and it looks like I have been right. I guess finasteride was acting somehow because I got sheds but didn't regrew nothing at the front, even my hair looked worse. minoxidil is what did the miracle to me only in 4 months and some.

p.s. I have some white hairs but they have always been there. I didn't notice new growing from finasteride or minoxidil, even if you have some, later they shoud get pigmentet with the hair cycles.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

zb00st said:
irishpride86 said:
I use liquid minoxidil. I also spike my hair up sometimes, but now I got haircut and it is too short. I'll see for a pic and post it later.

Tyler_Durden said:

Yes you are right about finasteride. I was on Fincar when I started july. I thought I could go on only with finasteride and let it work for almost 6 months. My hairline started to look worse, sheddings and thin hair and I just couldn't go on like this anymore. I couldn't look myself in the mirror. December I switched to Proscar and decided it is time for minoxidil and it looks like I have been right. I guess finasteride was acting somehow because I got sheds but didn't regrew nothing at the front, even my hair looked worse. minoxidil is what did the miracle to me only in 4 months and some.

p.s. I have some white hairs but they have always been there. I didn't notice new growing from finasteride or minoxidil, even if you have some, later they shoud get pigmentet with the hair cycles.

Do you think there is any difference between Proscar and Fincar? I think I might switch over to the real deal, saves having to wonder/worry.

Thanks mate, great story, couldn't be happier for you.

Reaction score

You've had some awesome results! Well done for persevering Zboost.

Did you drop Finscar because you thought that was the problem then? When you say Proscar, is that the 5mg dose?

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Wow zboost. Phenominal result man!! It looks so solid now! Like a rock. Considering from where you come from in your first pics I think thats an amazing result. But I agree that it comes down to more than just a routine of the big 3. It really comes down to living a healthy life style. When I was out clubbing and drinking I looked terrible and my hair looked shocking. Soon as I got my life back in order I took 10 years off in a matter of months.