Yul Brynner

jd_uk

Reaction score
Posted about him before. Yeah I know, good looking guy but he's someone who definitely looked better without hair and seemed to have women falling over him at the time (have seen interviews where you can see the women he meets almost falling over).

https://youtu.be/Jr4PxclELw4

Shame that the media won't give the lead romantic part to the bald guy at the moment. It might change some of the more negative perceptions. Maybe in another 50 years time!

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
But then, saying he looked better with no hair than with a balding head isn't really saying much, is it?

jd_uk

Reaction score
Maybe not... but i think a totally bald head gave him that alpha, sexual look. Maybe i am wrong...i'm a heterosexual guy so find it hard to tell. Either way, shame hollywood wont have the leading guy as bald right now. If you look at the comments on yul brynners videos then it is full of women saying how he was their first or biggest crush.

shookwun

Reaction score
99% of guys don't have his facial aesthetics to pull it off

Yul-Brynner.jpg

What the average balding white guy actually looks like

Jim+Rash+Paley+Center+Media+PaleyFest+2012+3s_62bcoWeAl.jpg

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
People who are pretty or at least without flaw can easily make friends,while those who are not have to show full heart and nature to do the same or they may never achieve such friendship level.

blackg

Reaction score
Friends blow!!! Who needs 'em?
All small minded, competitive, jealous fools.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

jd_uk

Reaction score
99% of guys don't have his facial aesthetics to pull it off

Yul-Brynner.jpg

What the average balding white guy actually looks like

Jim+Rash+Paley+Center+Media+PaleyFest+2012+3s_62bcoWeAl.jpg

That guy looks pretty skinny/geeky. Thing is, he would also look skinny/geeky with hair.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Rock and Jason Statham are sex symbols and get lots of lead parts in movies but these are always action roles. I don't see any reason why guys like this couldn't do a romantic lead.

jd_uk

Reaction score
The Rock and Jason Statham are sex symbols and get lots of lead parts in movies but these are always action roles. I don't see any reason why guys like this couldn't do a romantic lead.

They could but today there is definitely discrimination in Hollywood towards men with hair loss...no question about that.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Really? All Hollywood is doing is going for attractive people in both male and female lead parts. Which is what it's always done, except the entertainment industry is now at the point where casting has more than enough options to choose from and doesn't have to settle for balding leads.

So it's about as discriminatory and (un?)problematic as lookism has ever been.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
I think sly bald head is disgusting and Brynner is not exception.

shookwun

Reaction score
That guy looks pretty skinny/geeky. Thing is, he would also look skinny/geeky with hair.

What most guys look like.

everyone acts like they are going to look like this.. YEAH RIGHT.

7580617_f260.jpg

Most look like weak inbreds once they go passed a NW4

jd_uk

Reaction score
Really? All Hollywood is doing is going for attractive people in both male and female lead parts. Which is what it's always done, except the entertainment industry is now at the point where casting has more than enough options to choose from and doesn't have to settle for balding leads.

So it's about as discriminatory and (un?)problematic as lookism has ever been.

I genuinely think that at the time at least Yul Brynner was considered more attractive than the guys with hair around him. He conveyed total masuclinity and I think the bald head helped with that.

- - - Updated - - -

What most guys look like.

everyone acts like they are going to look like this.. YEAH RIGHT.

7580617_f260.jpg

Most look like weak inbreds once they go passed a NW4

Nor sure that most guys look at skinny as the one you posted previously. But yeah that latest one does look great - won't have any trouble with women looking like that.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
inbred? lol what makes bald guys look inbred? i hate it as much as anyone but this board is just over the top. part of why i don't post as much here anymore, too much off the wall stuff