Your thoughts on the hat wearer?

shookwun

Reaction score
A hat prisoner is a sad creature, but he is not so forlorn as the bald prisoner under solitary inside his own home.

being a hat prisoner is the worst form of covering up your identity. Those that are sly have faced the truth, and acknowledged their path head on, and show the world.

A hat prisoner is a special species consisting of denial, insecurity and chasing your youth. forming decisions based on the safety of your hat & security of your identity.

A makeshift hairline surpassing a comb over for being the most insecure of sufferers

- former hat prisoner, and comb over artist

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
The conflicting reality still prevails for the many bald men who just don't feel strong enough to openly betray their vulnerabilities.

A wig might be a more pragmatic option than a scandalous, perennial hat affair,

however even a superior quality wig is merely another artificial subterfuge with it's own subjugating litany of problems/risks.

Pure acceptance is ideal and healthy, but clearly many baldites just aren't ready to carry on au natural,

Sometimes the prognosis causes more immediate harm than good.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chad Smith, Drummer of Red Hot Chili Peppers hasn't been seen without his hat in decades. Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine also, don't think I've ever seen him not wear a hat. Matt Skiba (who wore his balding hair quite well with Alkaline Trio) seems to have superglued a baseball cap to his head upon joining Blink 182. Guess male pattern baldness doesn't suit their image. Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 has what looks like some forelock formation and Travis Barker looks to have tattoed his entire head.
If you look awful bald, and you are incapable of growing/transplanting hair aesthetically pleasing hair, then your options are a hat, a wig, or looking awful. The hat is arguably the best of those three options.

Reactions: Aki

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do so many guys on this forum care about famous people anyway?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe people like to remind themselves that very public figures also have the same issues. One of the biggest killers with male pattern baldness is that we're the unlucky minority. Most men dpn't start going bald in any significant way their 20s or 30s, maybe even 40s.

Seeing successful actors and musicians in the public eye who share our curse makes it a tiny bit less intolerable. There's something oddly comforting about seeing pictures of Heath Ledger, Hollywood hunk and beloved actor, dealing with aggressive male pattern baldness at age 27.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I always try to rep your ***, but apparently I have to "spread it around."

Yeah, his comment was pretty nice too.

- - - Updated - - -

Once upon a time I relied heavily on hats. I felt more comfortable with them on and it fit my look perfectly. But there is a time and a place for everything. Clubs, restaurants, formal engagements, you just cant do it. It just doesn't look right. Although I thought my hair looked like **** I would have to take it off because looking bad is a little better than looking silly. Plus we aren't fooling anybody. The jig is up when you see a guy wearing a baseball hat with a tux.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to be one, it's such a burden. I see a guy I've known for years wearing the same Yankees one everywhere he goes, supermarket, pub etc! I seen another lad out for an special occasion with his woman. She looked all dressed up and he had a shirt and tie on and the baseball cap! It was painful to see.