Your thoughts about this...HAIR LOSS CURE lol

Cure?

• Total voters

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to understand why many people on forums and other platforms believe that there will be a cure to hair loss, especially male pattern baldness, like cloning or multiplication, anytime soon!?

The thing is, I was reading and looking about stuff what humanity expects by 2050. One of the things was that biotechnology should advance by a lot, in terms of regenerative medicine and stem cell technology, that it should be by then fully understood. As well of course the start of gene therapy to purge inherited "diseases".

The word; "cloning" sounds already pretty much Sci-Fi talk, so how can people "believe" that we will have access to such a thing, as a cure!?

I should also mention that predictions of humanity are always a bit off lol. Look at the things people expected in the 1950s for 2000. And yet we didn't achieve such things.

What about your opinion?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cloning has been around for a long time, since 1996. Organ cloning is not sci-fi, its just a matter of time.
Sure. Half of the cloning part is nature's job lol.
But in organ cloning... there is no nature doing half of the job lol, sciencetist need to induce it. And we aren't yet there, nor anytime soon.

Throwaway99

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could happen at any moment tbh, all it takes is that one ‘eureka’ moment for a researcher to figure it out - that could happen today, 2 years from now etc.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When we say "cure" what do we mean? Once a follicle has completely thinned out and stopped growing don't scientists say that really it? If anything there will just be a better prevention drug without the chance of horrific side effects.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
When we say "cure" what do we mean? Once a follicle has completely thinned out and stopped growing don't scientists say that really it? If anything there will just be a better prevention drug without the chance of horrific side effects.
Well, hair cloning or gene therapy may be a cure. But are those things actually real!? Like, can we expect it in 20-30 years!? I don’t think so... but yes, we may get a new FDA approved drug in 15-20 years for prevention. Lol!

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Swapping T for E seemed very promising on this board over the years, though by cure I presume you mean something anyone could be comfortable with so as of 2021, I'm not sure if we could call any treatment that

That said, I do believe, however, that we have some relatively efficient treatments to either
  • buy ourselves time via the inhibition of either the 5AR enzyme or the androgen receptors
    or
  • aesthetically counteract the curse by growth stimulants.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, hair cloning or gene therapy may be a cure. But are those things actually real!? Like, can we expect it in 20-30 years!? I don’t think so... but yes, we may get a new FDA approved drug in 15-20 years for prevention. Lol!
Hair cloning would still involve surgery though. Not exactly a "cure".

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair cloning would still involve surgery though. Not exactly a "cure".
But you wont expect side effects as like altering your hormones with anti androgens and Estrogens to get the same result. Not everyone is ready to turn into half a woman.
In 30 years hair multiplication or cloning might be a thing, by then I will be 47. I hope that I will die with hair, either because of liver failure or natural cause mhm.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you wont expect side effects as like altering your hormones with anti androgens and Estrogens to get the same result. Not everyone is ready to turn into half a woman.
In 30 years hair multiplication or cloning might be a thing, by then I will be 47. I hope that I will die with hair, either because of liver failure or natural cause mhm.
Yes true but at the end of the day it's still a surgery so that doesn't classify as a "cure". In addition, I think we all need to be honest in that when hair cloning transplants do come out they will be the most expensive thing in the entire industry. Just call me when I can take a pill where online accounts of said pill don't include sexual side effects with every other one that I seem to read. Actually kinda said how in 23 years we're still only with one really successful form of treatment and it would carry this very negative awful stigma with it.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't believe that almost all hairloss companies/institutes (especially: Stemson and Riken) are stuck because of financing/money. This world is cruel! All problems are based on money... F

Mikey76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to understand why many people on forums and other platforms believe that there will be a cure to hair loss, especially male pattern baldness, like cloning or multiplication, anytime soon!?

The thing is, I was reading and looking about stuff what humanity expects by 2050. One of the things was that biotechnology should advance by a lot, in terms of regenerative medicine and stem cell technology, that it should be by then fully understood. As well of course the start of gene therapy to purge inherited "diseases".

The word; "cloning" sounds already pretty much Sci-Fi talk, so how can people "believe" that we will have access to such a thing, as a cure!?

I should also mention that predictions of humanity are always a bit off lol. Look at the things people expected in the 1950s for 2000. And yet we didn't achieve such things.

What about your opinion?
There will be no cure. I’ve been waiting 21 years. Forget it. It’s all a bunch of bull. You live in hope and it keeps you going through life. But it’s not happening. I’ve wished it, I prayed for it, I’ve believed one day it could happen. And it won’t. We will die without a cure. It’s a shame really. Medical science can’t even grow a follicle ... what a joke.

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't believe that almost all hairloss companies/institutes (especially: Stemson and Riken) are stuck because of financing/money. This world is cruel! All problems are based on money... F
I mean we are letting earth burn to the fuking ground just because we don't have money to build nuclear plants lmao. Hair loss cure is not exactly the most important thing to solve right now. Money is a madeup concept anyway.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

What about your opinion?

DR TSUJI is your only hope​