your opinion

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I bet some of you knows the case of this guy...do you really think that the money he has spent for the 3 procesdures are are worthing?
http://www.hairestorationetwork.com/e ... rafts.html

he had something like 13000 grafts all transplants done by hassonw and wong and Umar.

Nene

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty terrible. Personally I'd rather be bald than spend all that money and still be almost bald. But, it he's happy, then good for him, he could put on some toppik and at least not look slick bald.

T

TravisB

Nah it doesn't look good. Maybe with MUCH of concealer... This shows that NW6-7 guys unfortunately doesn't have any hope for today. They must wait for hair multiplication (which is probably many, many years away), then they would have as much hair as they want.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats not the finished result, and as someone said with concealers it could make a real difference. Yes its been a long and expensive journey for this guy but if it makes him happy thats good for him. Its certainly a huge difference from where he started off.

Nene

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Right now, approx 4 years after my last hair transplant (my 3rd) with a cumulative total of ~7,000 grafts, my hair looks about like the guy in those pics (Drew) from his "hair transplant #3 6 month post-op."

In my case, I started with a NW5 that went to NW6 after my first hair transplant from poor technique and major shockloss, but I had a little more to start with than he did. Nevertheless, like other posters here have said, it doesn't look too good. Why waste all kinds of money to still look bald?

That is why I disagree with going with hair transplants if you are starting as a NW4+ because you will usually be in the same ballpark density-wise as Drew ... even after 13,000 grafts. To expect density much better than this is unrealistic when starting from an advanced Norwood. There are *some* guys who are an exception that have gone from NW6 to half-way decent density (~50%). But, again, they are *best case scenarios* and most guys will never achieve density like them. (BTW, how many of them wear concealer too?)

Just wanted to point this out.

You don't think a Norwood 4 could get a good result with a hair transplant? I think a norwood 3 can basically become a norwood 1 with a hair transplant. A stablized Norwood 4 should still be able to get a good result although the crown might be a little thin. Don't you think?

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont want to sound mean but he spent a lot of money and any woman will still consider him bald. Just my 0.02 but 13000 grafts would have likely provided a very dense and natural looking NW3. I know I would rather have a solid band of hair extending over the top of my head to provide that "frame" as opposed to sparse hair.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
DudeMon

Hey I see many guys with the long smiley scar and the razor shaved head all the time at the beaches in S. Cal. I think it justs adds to the "dont f*** with me b**ch" attitude of the shaved head.

There also seems to be no shortage of women. They love that bad boy attitude and cant get enough of it. If I were single, I would shave the sh*t off and save time, the women with interest will come forth, rather than chase the wrong ones that place too much value on hair to begin with.

Just my 0.02